ATP Nick Kyrgios

Remove this Banner Ad

ad491264da67aaa1e24e867cb03d7769.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you genuinely think that there are 40 better players than Kyrgios (at his best) then with respect, you know nothing about tennis.

His record against players in the top 10 stacks up against anybody’s. That is what his supporters hang their hats on, the fact that he can compete with any of the top guys when he wants to. His talent is extraordinary.

Correct, tonight is a big time example. Playing a guy ranked 43, 3 spots below him but class difference was obvious.

Consistency, application and more recently injury have been Nick’s enemy. I think he’s starting to realise he’s only got so much time in it and to make the most of it, judging by his speech after the match.

Sure, he is a w#nker.

But this is the most interest I've had in a tennis tournament in many years.
Exactly. I reckon I've watched about 5 tennis games in the last year. Each of them involved either Kygrios or Ash Barty. I get no enjoyment from watching the sport, that's subjective to me, but you cannot deny the amount of traffic the bloke brings to the sport. Especially amongst younger audiences. Very hard to not watch.

Frothing at the (still unlikely) prospect of him taking this one out.

Not cause it's gonna shut-up his detractors (nothing ever will) but that it'll pretty much cement his legacy as the defining player of his generation.

Kyrgios would not have this much of an impact if he was just a second-tier player.

Frothing at the (still unlikely) prospect of him taking this one out.

Not cause it's gonna shut-up his detractors (nothing ever will) but that it'll pretty much cement his legacy as the defining player of his generation.

Kyrgios would not have this much of an impact if he was just a second-tier player.

He's a massive chance.

His reaction after winning last night spoke volumes.

I am very optimistic about his chances. He's at least 50/50 to beat Nadal (bookies have him favourite) and Djokovic has never won a set off him (although they haven't played each other for a while).

He can win it. Of course he can.

He's a massive chance.

I am very optimistic about his chances. He's at least 50/50 to beat Nadal (bookies have him favourite) and Djokovic has never won a set off him (although they haven't played each other for a while).

Hope he takes it out just for the melts

He's a massive chance.

Yeah he knows he’s wasted a fair bit of time, so hopefully he can be scandal and injury free, and could have a fruitful next 5-6 years challenging for slams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ACT Policing can confirm a 27-year-old Watson man is scheduled to face the ACT Magistrates Court on the 2nd of August in relation to one charge of common assault following an incident in December 2021," a police statement said.

Thats not leaking from media that's direct from ACT police and should be taken very seriously. Inoccent until proven guilty, but anyone saying media beat up get a clue.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: I wasn't aware that police released statements about every individual that is charged for every crime. What do you reckon the catalyst for a MEDIA release being... released? I daresay it was due to enquiries from the..................

Media.

**I'm not suggesting it is a media beat-up per se, but the timing is way too coincidental for it not to have a media outlets fingerprints all over it

Thought I saw Nick having another whinge about someone in the paper today. That’s different.
Anyway-good luck to him in the final. Can’t say I’m too fussed about who wins out of those two ordinary chaps but should be a good game. Enjoy.

What is the world coming to ? No-one including Passari or Kyrgios' brother should be making any public comments about the upcoming legal case - The journalists who questioned Kyrgios about this are just as bad.

So it’s come out the allegation is that he pushed her. What sort of penalty does that carry?

Depends

A charge of common adult can carry a jail sentence but usually not. I’d say a fine, a good behaviour bond, some form of counselling or community service. If it was a bit more serious (a push down the stairs) perhaps a suspended sentence?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back