bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
Surprised he didn’t have a dig at Ebden for associating himself with Margaret Court and her church tbh.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
The Happy Gilmore gimmick will continue to net in $$$ for him. He may not win a Grand Slam, but he'll set himself up financially for life. The trade off will be having very few friends on the circuit.

yaco55

Hall of Famer
Jul 25, 2007
hong kong
AFL Club
Essendon
Love the guy but he has no self-awareness whatsoever.

His comments about Barty were ridiculous and his carry on about the ladies watching out for Kokkinakis was tacky.

Did you watch the whole post match presser or did you just read an inaccurate headline ? The two K's were asked a question whether their style of doubles is good if they were inciting the crowd during matches - Kyrgios answered that their style of play resulted in full attendances at their matches, greater media interest in doubles as evidenced by excellent rating on TV, and even having radio cover their matches - Of course if you choose to read and believe an article which is backed up by inflammatory headlines and filled with non-sensical tweets then it's your prerogative - I'll add that the two K's were complimentary towards Barty in their presser and even recalled them travelling around Australia and overseas as juniors.

The Cryptkeeper

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Did you watch the whole post match presser or did you just read an inaccurate headline ? The two K's were asked a question whether their style of doubles is good if they were inciting the crowd during matches - Kyrgios answered that their style of play resulted in full attendances at their matches, greater media interest in doubles as evidenced by excellent rating on TV, and even having radio cover their matches - Of course if you choose to read and believe an article which is backed up by inflammatory headlines and filled with non-sensical tweets then it's your prerogative - I'll add that the two K's were complimentary towards Barty in their presser and even recalled them travelling around Australia and overseas as juniors.

I watched the whole presser.

My opinion remains unchanged. Yes, he was complimentary. No, he did not need to big himself up with his erroneous claims about why the crowds were there. He did not need to mention Barty’s family.

Sometimes he just needs to shut up.

PhatBoy

Hall of Famer
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

My opinion remains unchanged. Yes, he was complimentary. No, he did not need to big himself up with his erroneous claims about why the crowds were there. He did not need to mention Barty’s family.

This.

Sphynx

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Great come back, Purcell was talking sh*t pre and post game, didn’t back it up what do you expect

Did you watch the game?

I'd argue Purcell and KK were the two best players on the court.

Not Max's fault his partner was worse than KK's.

Nick is really tone deaf, his partner carried him in that final.

JackNah_8

Hall of Famer
Jan 15, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond

exactly, he wants to ensure all the attention is on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JackNah_8

Hall of Famer
Jan 15, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Did you watch the game?

I'd argue Purcell and KK were the two best players on the court.

Not Max's fault his partner was worse than KK's.

Nick is really tone deaf, his partner carried him in that final.
I don't know why Kyrgios keeps attacking Purcell. He should move on from that argument.

Purcell played great but Edben wasn't strong and consistent enough in the final

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
The King was having a chat with Karl dis mornin'.. reckons Uranus looked like he was wearing a Halloween costume. Funny bugger.

NYRB

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
the talk is Kyrgios may avoid the French and Wimbledon but play in the US Open.

Id love to see where this doubles success takes him now. From what i also heard its almost a shoe-in the Special K's are in there for the end of year doubles Finals .

NYRB

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
The interesting thing if Kyrgios really believed he was the main card of this event.

I have no doubt in 20-25 years time, most of the world would have forgotten about. But what you can see with Barty winning and breaking the drought for a womens winner, and Rafa winning the 21st slam- these events alone will be talked about in future.

Romeoh1

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
He’s a real goose but plenty of people like watching him, so there you go. Each to their own.

JackNah_8

Hall of Famer
Jan 15, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
French open probably won't even give Nick a wildcard (depending on his ranking)

Doubt the French crowd care about Nick and his antics. Anyway he doesn't even like playing on clay, he will probably skip the clay court season

yaco55

Hall of Famer
Jul 25, 2007
hong kong
AFL Club
Essendon
Kyrgios is missing the clay court swing, even though he is decent on the surface - His biggest issue is playing well enough to keep his ranking at a high enough level, so that he play preferred tournaments.

The Cryptkeeper

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Kyrgios is missing the clay court swing, even though he is decent on the surface - His biggest issue is playing well enough to keep his ranking at a high enough level, so that he play preferred tournaments.

Long rallies on clay aren't his go mate. He goes ok on the surface but doesn't have the tank to be arsed with it.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Gonna have this framed and that re.. taking pride of place in the billiard room mate.. it will give the room more of that.. hmmmm.. modern yet contemporary.. serene and electric.. ambiotic appeal about it I reckon and that re.. grouse mate.. that's it mate.. forget about it mate..

Screenshot_20220201-184451_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

HirdsTheWord

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Jun 19, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
New York Rangers, New York Knicks
French open probably won't even give Nick a wildcard (depending on his ranking)

Doubt the French crowd care about Nick and his antics. Anyway he doesn't even like playing on clay, he will probably skip the clay court season

i'm pretty sure the reigning grand slam champions from the previous tournament would be near the top of the list for a wild card spot.

Though in saying that i agree with you, outside of Australia no one really cares about nick and his antics. He will get the views in Australia because he is Australian and because the time line works. I doubt many Aussies are going to set their clocks and watch him at 3:00am in France...

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad