ATP Nick Kyrgios

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Kyrgios is a national embarrassment
That he is. The ITF could suspend him of course or hand out a truly punitive penalty but are too busy counting the cash. The question begs how far will they let him go before they take meaningful action. And it may not come to head at Wimbledon but as night follows day, it’s coming.

That he is. The ITF could suspend him of course or hand out a truly punitive penalty but are too busy counting the cash. The question begs how far will they let him go before they take meaningful action. And it may not come to head at Wimbledon but as night follows day, it’s coming.
It will be interesting to see how the officials react, if Nick causes drama on centre court in front of VIP guests and prime spot.

Is he any chance against Rafa?

I know he beat him him years ago but not sure about now

Of course he's a chance but has to get through Garin first (and Nadal over Fritz). It's a pretty common theme that whenever he gets to the 2nd week of slams the lack of conditioning gets to him, so wouldn't be all that surprised if he was bundled out by Garin. I'd give him a chance against anyone though as his best is clearly pretty good.

Charged with assaulting ex girlfriend.
Wimbledon should consider removing him from the tournament.
Innocent until proven guilty.. but not good.
settle. Innocent until guilty. let the court system do its work.

he is not the first tennis player in trouble with domestic violence. the ATP has taken no action against Zverev.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charged with assaulting ex girlfriend.
Wimbledon should consider removing him from the tournament.
Innocent until proven guilty.
. but not good.
I enjoyed the throw away 4 words like you haven't already made up your mind as evidenced by the previous sentence.

Not a fan of the bloke, but it's important to uphold the presumption of innocence.

Given Wimbledon removed Russian and Belorussian players for nothing more than their nationality I can’t see how they can allow Kyrgios to remain.

Likely he gets through to the semi, then 40%? chance perhaps he gets over Rafa to the final. Then Wimbledon bosses face the prospect of having Kate Middleton and maybe William on the presentation stage handed a trophy, either first or second place, to someone charged with assaulting a female partner. I think that’s why they got rid of the Russians in case they had Medvedev on stage in that instance, but Kyrgios would be worse.

I think people mistake what innocent until proven guilty is. It doesn’t mean you can do whatever you want until a guilty verdict is handed down. Sometimes it’s best to remove people from public view until a case is settled.

I enjoyed the throw away 4 words like you haven't already made up your mind as evidenced by the previous sentence.
Given the miniscule amounts of DV acts that actually get reported let alone get to court, due to police believing they have sufficient evidence to get a conviction and not waste police legal funds..

Theres reason to believe them over Nick, yes.

Given Wimbledon removed Russian and Belorussian players for nothing more than their nationality I can’t see how they can allow Kyrgios to remain.

Likely he gets through to the semi, then 40%? chance perhaps he gets over Rafa to the final. Then Wimbledon bosses face the prospect of having Kate Middleton and maybe William on the presentation stage handed a trophy, either first or second place, to someone charged with assaulting a female partner. I think that’s why they got rid of the Russians in case they had Medvedev on stage in that instance, but Kyrgios would be worse.
They let someone as repugnant as Zverev play through DV allegations so there's no chance they'll remove Kyrgios

Given the miniscule amounts of DV acts that actually get reported let alone get to court, due to police believing they have sufficient evidence to get a conviction and not waste police legal funds..

Theres reason to believe them over Nick, yes.
Nick hasn't even responded when you rushed to pour cold water over his "potential innocence."

If he's found guilty I hope they put him away. If he's found innocent I hope he's not judged forever on it.

Pommy journalists will be beside themselves and will give him both barrels, I guess he really is a bully, on and off the court mind you he has a heart the size of a pea couldn't imagine him roughing up a male
UK press are brutal.
Though if Nick controlled his on court behaviour then perhaps the press wouldn't be so hard on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back