Recommitted Nick Larkey [re-signed until end of 2021]

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Problem is him and Ben Brown are very similar. They are better having a more mobile tall forward than larkey
Based on your breakdown I assume all you've done is looked at their heights and deduced that they are the same kind of player.

They aren't. Both are mobile for talls. Both work well together and their partnership will get even better as time passes.

Warhorse

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Based on your breakdown I assume all you've done is looked at their heights and deduced that they are the same kind of player.

They aren't. Both are mobile for talls. Both work well together and their partnership will get even better as time passes.
Based on your reply I assume all you have done is watch a small sample of afl games and not watched his vfl games at all.

Larkey plays much better closer to goal as does brown.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Based on your reply I assume all you have done is watch a small sample of afl games and not watched his vfl games at all.

Hmmmm him also a secondary ruck kinda make him invaluable, also at vfl he is named as fullback in numerous occasions.

nelroo

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All these peanuts saying Brown and Larkey cannot play in the same forward line have NFI. Larkey is as mobile and good on the deck as a wingman. No problems there.

Warhorse

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Larkey is as mobile and good on the deck as a wingman. No problems there.
tumblr_mju2541EBV1s4pi7to1_400.gif

Larkey is better close to goal but Brown covers more ground than any player in the comp and is leading high up the wings of late, more a true CHF.

Joint is awash in Geelong flogs with little sense of humour. :rolleyes:

A welcome change from Melbourne flogs with Oil Drum Lane talk boasting about how good the Watts, Scully, Trengove combo will be.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dogs have six years at 800,000 a year on the table is the whisper.

Considering what they paid Boyd who had shown less, then its plausible.

Won't leave though.

There is no way that is true. Six years ....... maybe....... at a stretch. But $800k p.a???? Simply not true.

He’ll sign a 3-4 year deal, worth $400k give or take.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There is no way that is true. Six years ....... maybe....... at a stretch. But $800k p.a???? Simply not true.

He’ll sign a 3-4 year deal, worth $400k give or take.

He'd be tempting for every club in the comp at that price !
I dont think its a stretch to suggest one club may take a punt and offer significantly higher than that

nelroo

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've heard whispers that Adelaide are thinking about offering their first and second pick (2 and 20) for Larkey and North's first (9).

The coaching staff aren't happy with their dysfunctioning forward line at the moment.
Not a bad deal.. but I still wouldn’t do it for Nick. Shows so much and players like him do not grow on trees

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not a bad deal.. but I still wouldn’t do it for Nick. Shows so much and players like him do not grow on trees
Yeah I agree. We often see KPP go for a premium in the draft. A lot have failed for differing reasons. We have one that performed in the VFL and is now playing good games in the AFL. I'd prefer to keep him.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dogs have six years at 800,000 a year on the table is the whisper.

Considering what they paid Boyd who had shown less, then its plausible.

Won't leave though.
Kid has a lot of promise but that is just insane. If dogs offered that money he will be officially be asking for a trade the day the season ends. Would be likely to re-sign for half that, both in length and value

Kid has a lot of promise but that is just insane. If dogs offered that money he will be officially be asking for a trade the day the season ends. Would be likely to re-sign for half that, both in length and value

He's done a heap more than Boyd had when you paid lots more

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He's done a heap more than Boyd had when you paid lots more
He was one year into his career coming off being a pick 1. He came to us when we were in full rebuild with no captain and no coach leaving a team that was projected to be the most dominant in the games history.
In this scenario it would see larkey leaving a team with no coach in full rebuild mode for a team with a coach voted best in his field 2 years in a row by his peers. With one of the best young midfields in the comp. Who won a premiership 3 years ago

Back