Recommitted Nick Larkey [re-signed until end of 2021]

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh come on. How many times do people say that about their players only for them to leave and then bag em saying money hungry tool.
Well I don't bag ANY North players at all and I would never bag any player for leaving North either. All players from all clubs have to do what they think is best for themselves financial and playing wise. Any player that leaves the NMFC I always wish them the best no exceptions.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh come on. How many times do people say that about their players only for them to leave and then bag em saying money hungry tool.

Yes but the rumoured assets other clubs are willing to offer is baffling beyond belief. Bulldog's 6 yr 6 million contract is the reason why boyd became a broken shell of a player who could have played for 15 years. He had no right to be on 1 mil per year based on his achievement, skill at the time. Being on 1 mil puts proportional to the pressure which was way too high for him. If i can think along this line, im pretty sure we will be whispering this into larkey's ear with reference to boyd's ultimate fate.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Larkey would jump at that deal to come to us. He would come to us even if we paid $200k under that rumoured price. He would want to come play for a bigger club with bigger crowds.

Lol bulldog is a bigger club with bigger crowds, lol, last i heard u are still a few mil into debt.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Larkey would jump at that deal to come to us. He would come to us even if we paid $200k under that rumoured price. He would want to come play for a bigger club with bigger crowds.

Also i just remembered, we have a bigger warchest than yours.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Yes but the rumoured assets other clubs are willing to offer is baffling beyond belief. Bulldog's 6 yr 6 million contract is the reason why boyd became a broken shell of a player who could have played for 15 years. He had no right to be on 1 mil per year based on his achievement, skill at the time. Being on 1 mil puts proportional to the pressure which was way too high for him. If i can think along this line, im pretty sure we will be whispering this into larkey's ear with reference to boyd's ultimate fate.
Let them whisper all they like. As any sensible person would know and includes players, not all situations turn out the same. And by the way the offer from a club will be know where near the Boyd amount.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Well I don't bag ANY North players at all and I would never bag any player for leaving North either. All players from all clubs have to do what they think is best for themselves financial and playing wise. Any player that leaves the NMFC I always wish them the best no exceptions.
Not all do.

We've been linked with Jenkins who has 2 years left on his contract.
Not entirely convinced he'd be that good for us considering he's over 30 and relies on pace.
Would be a depth and fill-in kpf, which your list does need. JJ would have to come cheap.

As for Larkey, the rumours posted by my brethren are pure bull.

Luder

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lol bulldog is a bigger club with bigger crowds, lol, last i heard u are still a few mil into debt.
Also i just remembered, we have a bigger warchest than yours.
Dogs are in a very healthy financial position, and have been for the past few years. Also it's pretty open knowledge that the Dogs had a lot of spare cap space BEFORE the retirements of Picken and Boyd, so there's no way North have more space than the Dogs now. Not that it matters anyway, because the whole 800k/6yrs thing has not an ounce of truth to it. No idea why we'd both chasing another young KPF when we have Schache and Naughton developing. If we do happen to bring in a KPF, it will be an experienced one, not someone <24

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dogs are in a very healthy financial position, and have been for the past few years. Also it's pretty open knowledge that the Dogs had a lot of spare cap space BEFORE the retirements of Picken and Boyd, so there's no way North have more space than the Dogs now. Not that it matters anyway, because the whole 800k/6yrs thing has not an ounce of truth to it. No idea why we'd both chasing another young KPF when we have Schache and Naughton developing. If we do happen to bring in a KPF, it will be an experienced one, not someone <24

Caps aside, the validity of dogs offer is questionable at best as there has been no heraldsun link even nor any web based rumour front. It’s not even at a speculation territory..... your explanation sounds look logical, darling would be a bulldog type get, right age bracket. Is josh Bruce available he is brilliant, if u can nab him off st kilda that’s a premiership stroke.

Luder

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Caps aside, the validity of dogs offer is questionable at best as there has been no heraldsun link even nor any web based rumour front. It’s not even at a speculation territory..... your explanation sounds look logical, darling would be a bulldog type get, right age bracket. Is josh Bruce available he is brilliant, if u can nab him off st kilda that’s a premiership stroke.
Bruce would have been gettable last year I reckon, but this year he's really returned to form, so I doubt the Saints would be willing to give him up. They have an abundance of talls, but most are quite young so I doubt they'd let an experienced one go. Darling would be great, but he's a WA kid born and raised, and has his whole life set up there. We'd have to offer ridiculous amounts of money for him to even consider it.

Larkey would have been a great target if we didn't have one of Schache or Naughton, but I really don't think there's space for all 3. Plus 800k is way too much for a relatively unproven player, even if he does look promising from his handful of games. Even if we offered something like 600k, North could just counter with 500k and keep him easily

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bruce would have been gettable last year I reckon, but this year he's really returned to form, so I doubt the Saints would be willing to give him up. They have an abundance of talls, but most are quite young so I doubt they'd let an experienced one go. Darling would be great, but he's a WA kid born and raised, and has his whole life set up there. We'd have to offer ridiculous amounts of money for him to even consider it.

Larkey would have been a great target if we didn't have one of Schache or Naughton, but I really don't think there's space for all 3. Plus 800k is way too much for a relatively unproven player, even if he does look promising from his handful of games. Even if we offered something like 600k, North could just counter with 500k and keep him easily

I think we did try to get Bruce many years ago but he chose saints hence we went to get Waite. Damn Bruce would have been good replacement over Petrie.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If any of these rumours have a shred of truth to them, then so long Nick and good luck! I think he'll be a star but all it takes is your leg to plant in a tackle and the dreams can go in a flash - just like with Draper, would be lunacy for him to pass up the supposed offers. You would not begrudge a 20 year old who only 10 weeks ago was 'developing well in the VFL' for taking it.

However I'd be very surprised If they are true - Naughton is an unreal prospect and I think the Dogs paying Boyd so much actually works against any proposed offer, makes them less likely to throw big coin at young forwards knowing it doesn't necessarily help the player long term.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Back