Recommitted Nick Larkey [re-signed until end of 2021]

He was one year into his career coming off being a pick 1. He came to us when we were in full rebuild with no captain and no coach leaving a team that was projected to be the most dominant in the games history.
In this scenario it would see larkey leaving a team with no coach in full rebuild mode for a team with a coach voted best in his field 2 years in a row by his peers. With one of the best young midfields in the comp. Who won a premiership 3 years ago

I get why you guys did what you did with Boyd and hey, his GF alone justified it.

But Larkey's performance shows why the rumours around the big Dogs offer clearly have legs.

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I get why you guys did what you did with Boyd and hey, his GF alone justified it.

But Larkey's performance shows why the rumours around the big Dogs offer clearly have legs.

So to sum up - if a key forward is linked with a move/playing well - we should just always assume the dogs have offered big coin? If so, the media would be having a field day.

Jenkins might leave crows - oh must be dogs $$$$$

Darling rumours - oh dogs big offer $$$

Lance Franklin back to Melbourne - oh no not the dogs again with all that money $$$$$

Please mate..

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Larkey would jump at that deal to come to us. He would come to us even if we paid $200k under that rumoured price. He would want to come play for a bigger club with bigger crowds.

Benj7

NMK🦘4 x 🏆
Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Larkey would jump at that deal to come to us. He would come to us even if we paid $200k under that rumoured price. He would want to come play for a bigger club with bigger crowds.
Oh gosh what a s**t post my god.:sick::sick::sick::sick:an irrelevant club with irrelevant posters.

Benj7

NMK🦘4 x 🏆
Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ve never really understood why North fans say this. We are probably on par with each other in terms of funds and members. If we are irrelevant then so are you.
Dont wanna turn this into a dick measuring contest cause both of ours are small so let’s keep it that way.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So to sum up - if a key forward is linked with a move/playing well - we should just always assume the dogs have offered big coin? If so, the media would be having a field day.

Jenkins might leave crows - oh must be dogs $$$$$

Darling rumours - oh dogs big offer $$$

Lance Franklin back to Melbourne - oh no not the dogs again with all that money $$$$$

Please mate..
Quite your whining. That has happened with every elite player and North for 3/4 years. Player manager throws bones to media people to try and get player a better deal. Happens at every team. Essendon will have to deal with it when every ruck is out of contract just like Bulldogs had to before English.

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Quite your whining. That has happened with every elite player and North for 3/4 years. Player manager throws bones to media people to try and get player a better deal. Happens at every team. Essendon will have to deal with it when every ruck is out of contract just like Bulldogs had to before English.

So you’re saying it’s okay to assume we have thrown buckets of cash to Larkey just because we did it with Boyd? I’m also not talking about media, I’m talking about people making up crap on here.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We are reportedly chasing Darling so wouldn’t surprise me if Larkey is being looked at.

6y at 800k seems far too steep though. Especially as our Key forward stocks aren’t bare like they were when we landed Boyd.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So you’re saying it’s okay to assume we have thrown buckets of cash to Larkey just because we did it with Boyd? I’m also not talking about media, I’m talking about people making up crap on here.
I don't speak for others so I wouldn't know if that is true or not. I do know that Adelaide were thinking about it as they don't see their forward line functioning and feel like Eddie patched over their Jenkins/Walker problems. It has been discussed with Jenkins moving on. IMO it is smart because Jenkins might get them something now vs. nothing in a year or 2.

I don't speak for others so I wouldn't know if that is true or not. I do know that Adelaide were thinking about it as they don't see their forward line functioning and feel like Eddie patched over their Jenkins/Walker problems. It has been discussed with Jenkins moving on. IMO it is smart because Jenkins might get them something now vs. nothing in a year or 2.
We've been linked with Jenkins who has 2 years left on his contract.
Not entirely convinced he'd be that good for us considering he's over 30 and relies on pace.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We've been linked with Jenkins who has 2 years left on his contract.
Not entirely convinced he'd be that good for us considering he's over 30 and relies on pace.
Yeah I don't see it either. Seems like the top up sort a contender goes for to push them over the line. Like Collingwood wanting an upgrade on Cox playing forward.

Yeah I don't see it either. Seems like the top up sort a contender goes for to push them over the line. Like Collingwood wanting an upgrade on Cox playing forward.
I would have no problem looking at a 27-28 year old forward, our NGA kid JUH looks a potential star.

Not surprised we're into Larkey but I don't think he goes anywhere. Surely North have the cap space to cover the bulk of a rival bid and TBH I would rather we chase a KPD anwyay.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Every club is welcomed to look because that is about as far as it will go. Will be with the Roos for many a year.
Oh come on. How many times do people say that about their players only for them to leave and then bag em saying money hungry tool.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've heard whispers that Adelaide are thinking about offering their first and second pick (2 and 20) for Larkey and North's first (9).

The coaching staff aren't happy with their dysfunctioning forward line at the moment.

lol, this is getting better, pick 2 and 20, for larkey and pick 9, omg, our fortune is truly on the up.

Back