Nick Lindahl

Remove this Banner Ad

TA banned about 3 players a month or so ago, one was Lindahl. He said I'm gonna play for Sweden, they said fine piss off. For TA to actually ban players must mean they were absolute ********s. We don't need ****sticks like him representing us. Brydan Klein was one of these players also, some people never learn.

Played him a couple of times in juniors, was always a precocious little s**t. And I'm not just saying that because he soundly beat me despite being several years younger.

Yeah, the main reason he went was that by being their number 2, he'll get more funding and attention than he would here, where he would be the number 8 or 9. He was also guaranteed the number 2 singles spot in Davis Cup.

TA banned about 3 players a month or so ago, one was Lindahl. He said I'm gonna play for Sweden, they said fine piss off. For TA to actually ban players must mean they were absolute ********s. We don't need ****sticks like him representing us. Brydan Klein was one of these players also, some people never learn.

Sweden have sounded out the possibility of Lindahl representing them since January last year. He was also playing as a Swedish player before Tennis Australia came out and banned him from the Wildcard Playoff. I think it's highly unlikely that Tennis Australia would have allowed him to compete in any case and it is more likely that this is way of Tennis Australia trying to have a dig at him. It's good that they banned players for behaviour but questions have to be raised as to how these three players get banned but yet Tomic is given handout after handout. He even got his first MD wildcard after the foot fault incident.

As for Lindahl it's a great move for him. Tennis Australia gave up on him a while ago because of their youth policy which is an utter joke and thank god they have come to their senses and are now relaxing the policy. Lindahl will now get a lot of assistance and will most likely be a member of a Swedish Davis Cup Team that will have Soderling as their number 1 and a decent doubles team. Out of the young players Lindell has said he will be playing for Brazil and Berta seems to be struggling to make the transition from juniors to seniors with his lack of size playing a big role in that. As for the state of the mens game over there at the moment it isn't good but one not must forget that Joachim Johansson and Vinciguerra were huge talents but unfortunately had horrible luck with injuries.

It's good that they banned players for behaviour but questions have to be raised as to how these three players get banned but yet Tomic is given handout after handout. He even got his first MD wildcard after the foot fault incident.

Klein, Kelly and Lindahl's on court antics had been going on for ages, all three of them are hotheads. Besides the incident when Tomic was 15, there hasn't been any repeat incidents with Tomic's on-court behaviour. Getting good results always helps your cause as well.

Lindahl's definitely gone backwards since the wildcard playoff last year, just lost in straight sets to Klein, who isn't in great form himself, at Caloundra.

Klein, Kelly and Lindahl's on court antics had been going on for ages, all three of them are hotheads. Besides the incident when Tomic was 15, there hasn't been any repeat incidents with Tomic's on-court behaviour. Getting good results always helps your cause as well.

Lindahl's definitely gone backwards since the wildcard playoff last year, just lost in straight sets to Klein, who isn't in great form himself, at Caloundra.

Tomic's behaviour was appalling before he got the wildcard and he continued on his misbehaving ways up until the summer of last year. To his credit he has gone through a year without doing anything wrong (the media made an epic deal out of the wildcard playoff) but the double standards applied to his situation just shows you once again why Tennis Australia is an absolute farce when it comes to the management of players.

The biggest question that I pose though is why did Tennis Australia feel the need to come out and list Lindahl along with Klein and Kelly. They surely weren't going to allow him to participate given the confirmation of his switch to Sweden a couple of weeks earlier but why on earth did they feel the need to try and damage his reputation?

Looks like Lindahl might not be a certainty after all with Joachim Johansson playing the Bergamo challenger this week. Johansson played for the Swedes last year and although he doesn't play full time he is still a decent player when he makes the rare appearance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back