Nick Maxwell - Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

No coincidence that Maxwell returning to the club has seen a marked upswing in our on-field fortunes.

Quality bloke, Quality Leader.

I warmed to him from his first match and never had a moments doubt he would be a captain, and a great captain.

Curious to see if the comments made by Matthew Scarlett will be mentioned.

If i recall something along the lines of saying he “Hated Maxwell” and that the “Entire team(Geelong) hated him too” which i honestly think is completely unclassy and untrue. Im pretty sure i heard Maxwell had a good relationship with Jimmy Bartel to begin with, so i’d like to here Jimmys comments on that one.

Scarlett seems like genuinely weird/boring individual who doesnt have much life outside of football. I doubt Maxwel shares the same hatred for Scarlett, he’s a much classier and an all round better bloke, Scarlett seems like the type who wont talk to you unless you make the effort, and then makes you wish you didnt bother trying.

Scarlett is even so half witted he contradicts himself and proved what a s**t bloke he is in his own words.
The total bullshit claim what happened on the field stayed on the field. Classic small dick syndrome.

Curious to see if the comments made by Matthew Scarlett will be mentioned.

If i recall something along the lines of saying he “Hated Maxwell” and that the “Entire team(Geelong) hated him too” which i honestly think is completely unclassy and untrue. Im pretty sure i heard Maxwell had a good relationship with Jimmy Bartel to begin with, so i’d like to here Jimmys comments on that one.

Scarlett seems like genuinely weird/boring individual who doesnt have much life outside of football. I doubt Maxwel shares the same hatred for Scarlett, he’s a much classier and an all round better bloke, Scarlett seems like the type who wont talk to you unless you make the effort, and then makes you wish you didnt bother trying.
F@rk Bartel.
Maxy was a Geelong supporter.
Came up through the Geelong feeder team.
Wasn’t selected by Geelong, or any of the other 17 clubs.
We ROOKIED him.
Took a punt.
And he did the work. Actually exceeded our, and the entire AFL’s expectations.
Never the classiest of players.
But a leader. Given the number worn by arguably the best Collingwood player of the modern era.
F@rk Bartel.
He is a flea on the dog that is Geelong Football Club.

Last edited:
No coincidence that Maxwell returning to the club has seen a marked upswing in our on-field fortunes.

Quality bloke, Quality Leader.

I warmed to him from his first match and never had a moments doubt he would be a captain, and a great captain.
Facts.

I think I posted somewhere a while ago that I’m not even sure what the specifics of his current role are, but whatever he’s doing it will be doing nobody any harm at all. If Maxy can instill a few of his own traits into some of the younger blokes at the club then the culture of our club will be almost unmatched going forward.

Look forward to watching when I get off work in a couple of hours.

Facts.

I think I posted somewhere a while ago that I’m not even sure what the specifics of his current role are, but whatever he’s doing it will be doing nobody any harm at all. If Maxy can instill a few of his own traits into some of the younger blokes at the club then the culture of our club will be almost unmatched going forward.

Look forward to watching when I get off work in a couple of hours.
Facts?
Premiership Captain.
Everything else is irrelevant.
F233BA15-CB83-4B0B-AEFD-90B02E429D6F.jpeg

F@rk Bartel.
Maxy was a Geelong supporter.
Came up through the Geelong feeder team.
Wasn’t selected by Geelong, or any of the other 17 clubs.
We ROOKIED him.
Took a punt.
And he did the work. Actually exceeded our, and the entire AFL’s expectations.
Never the classiest of players.
But a leader. Given the number worn by arguably the best Collingwood player of the modern era.
F@rk Bartel.
He is a flea on the dog that is Geelong Football Club.
Have I missed something? Why are you going off about Bartel?

Scarlett was the w***er here. Bartel was mates with Maxy wasn’t he?

They went to St Joseph’s together. Very close apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting what he said about having good staff at a Football Club.

Can this be accessed anywhere else ???

Did appreciate the insight to him walking into Goldsack and Tarks training on the bikes together right after the Drawn GF.
Yes.
Showed the mindset of the player group.
And that mindset filtered through from those players, to the Captain, to the player group.
Which resulted in the glory of 2010.

The equivalent of a journalist posting crap about us - we sell.

Never seen that many ads on Fox before.

I thought the Fox Footy Channel was playing up.

Glad someone else is as confused as me...

Jimmy is good mates with nick, l even heard him call it none sense, that the player group actually respected nick. It was on fox footy way back when.

He's a really good speaker. Handling Mike really well. Interesting what he said about pendles wanting to coach.
Just doing the catch up now.
Never knew Pendles had that ambition.

Come on you lot. Has been mentioned he's doing his coaching course numerous times this year on the Jock and Journo pod :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back