Nick Riewoldt on the Verge of an All-Time Record!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just stumbled across a stat that if my sources are correct - Nick Riewoldt only requires another 17 Marks to break Gary Dempsey's All-Time record of Marks taken.

Dempsey's record sits at 2906, and Riewoldt took his 2890th last week.

Pretty remarkable I would have thought!

Side note: If he takes another 29 Marks this year, it will be the 16th successive season that he's taken more than 100 Marks in a season (the only season he didn't achieve that was in his first season when he only played 6 games).

Will Saints fans run onto the ground when he does it??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To put it into perspective....

Franklin has taken just over 1400
Stewart Loewe took 2503
Dermott Brereton took 1179
Bernie Quinlan took 2017
Matthew Pavlich took 2046

Realistically, this could be one of those 'will never be broken' type of records if/when he gets there.
If it is broken I doubt it will be by anyone currently playing the game. He averages 8.8 marks/game, which is 2 more per game than anyone else currently playing. Combine that with his longevity and it makes for an impressive record.

If you look at the way the old game was played though theres probably little chance anyone from before the records were taking enough marks to contest it.

Yeah more than likely.
The only one i could think of that may be close was Coventry. 306 games and 1299 goals you would think he must have taken a few.

A great achievement, well done.

I saw a lot of Dempsey and saw him taking a lot of marks. He used to sit in the hole at chb a take a lot of uncontested, intercept marks.

Just looking at Gary's stats. He had a game in 1980 of 21 kicks, 22 marks, 19 handballs, 29 hit outs and a goal. Not a bad afternoon's work.

A great achievement, well done.

I saw a lot of Dempsey and saw him taking a lot of marks. He used to sit in the hole at chb a take a lot of uncontested, intercept marks.

Just looking at Gary's stats. He had a game in 1980 of 21 kicks, 22 marks, 19 handballs, 29 hit outs and a goal. Not a bad afternoon's work.
How many meters gained though?

He also set another record earlier this season when he became the first player to reach 323 games while having a dick pic floating around online. Gun player.
That's real mature! you plastic pop up muppet! Apppreicate someone for the talent and skill they have and hard work they have done to achieve it and not just be handed everything on a silver platter by the governing body

Yeah more than likely.
The only one i could think of that may be close was Coventry. 306 games and 1299 goals you would think he must have taken a few.
Good point. I couldnt see any behind stats listed for Coventry so no idea of the amount of shots on goal he may have had overall. Very likely right up there.

He also set another record earlier this season when he became the first player to reach 323 games while having a dick pic floating around online. Gun player.
What are you? A 12 years old drawing dick and balls on your mate's math book?

Yeah more than likely.
4.25goals/game and a FF from the old days? Probably something like 6 marks, 8 disposals and 2.5 behinds on average. That would be ~1800 marks...

A bit like Lockett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back