Toast Nick Robertson

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Fagan

Debutant
Apr 2, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Look, I get it. The Lions have been putrid these past few weeks.

We are all hurting and we are all looking for someone to blame. But is bandwagon hating on players actually going to help? I'm talking about one player in particular...

The sledging of Nick Robertson by many posters on this board has been ****ing disgraceful these past two weeks.

In tonight's disastrous loss to Collingwood, Nick Robbo regularly impacted the contest and had 17 disposals at 88% efficiency. He was far, far from our worst.

If you're one of the bandwagon s**t-talkers (and there are many of you), you need to have a long hard think about your actions. It's not cool.

We are a family united by our love for the Lions. We all hurt together when we lose - but the answer is not to start cannibalising our players.

If you're one of the aforementioned s**t-talkers, please stop. If you're not, start calling out these toxic posters to hold them accountable.

Go Lions, and go Nick Robbo.

Dodongo agrees with this. Robbo one of the better ones tonight. People have been looking for a new whipping boy since Mayes but some of the s**t Dodongo has read here towards Robertson makes Dodongo puke and stay away from this place.

Yes you may think players are crap but they are human beings and there is a way to vent your anger at said player in another way that isn't so putrid. Dodongo does it and everyone does it but there is a line not to cross and Dodongo hopes Dodongo doesn't cross it when coming to players Dodongo thinks aren't up to AFL standard.

We are all pissed at the way the team has played but making personal attacks isn't going to help

Not the biggest fan of robbo but you know he always gives 100 % and puts his head over the ball. Few of his colleagues could learn a thing or two.

He's just not a good player.

He puts in effort and intensity he just shouldn't be playing AFL footy there is no upside

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dodongo agrees with this. Robbo one of the better ones tonight. People have been looking for a new whipping boy since Mayes but some of the s**t Dodongo has read here towards Robertson makes Dodongo puke and stay away from this place.

Yes you may think players are crap but they are human beings and there is a way to vent your anger at said player in another way that isn't so putrid. Dodongo does it and everyone does it but there is a line not to cross and Dodongo hopes Dodongo doesn't cross it when coming to players Dodongo thinks aren't up to AFL standard.

We are all pissed at the way the team has played but making personal attacks isn't going to help

Well we can’t have Dodongo disappear agin for months, that just won’t do. I couldn’t live the last time he was gone ;)

In all seriousness, I appreciate NRobbo for what he does. Only problem is he plays bad-average when we play well and will then play okay-good when we don’t. Needs to be more consistent and look less lost when he plays. Showed a bit of that “lostness” tonight at various points/didn’t have the speed matchup for his opponent.

Tonight’s loss should be directed at the coaches for choosing some really bad matchups. Playing the “winning team” against Collingwood was a dumb idea due to our lack of speed.

This is so overly sensitive, it hasn't even been that bad. Sledging and comments about Witho have bern worse tonight.

Yeah some of the Witho bashing was a bit crazy. Definitely didn't have his best game but he ran himself into the ground at times. Looked to have dropped his head in the fourth though but most did.

Yeah some of the Witho bashing was a bit crazy. Definitely didn't have his best game but he ran himself into the ground at times. Looked to have dropped his head in the fourth though but most did.

He is a third year player, barely started maturing yet. He is dealing with the highs and lows. Attitude has been far from ideal last few weeks, but that kid loves this club as much as we do.

This is so overly sensitive, it hasn't even been that bad. Sledging and comments about Witho have bern worse tonight.

Nick was clearly one of our best tonight. Ran hard, looked safe with ball in hand and just from memory, didn't commit any terrible howlers. Unlike many of his team mates who had games they would kike to forget,

Re Witho, you're spot on there too.

Weak as piss that there are some who can't express their frustration about a bad loss without having to have a new whipping boy to slag off at .

He’s played virtually his entire career as a defender. And that’s because he can’t play any other position at AFL level. If he’s not suited as a defender, and I agree he’s not, then why is he in the list?
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Contracted till the end of the year...IMO his future is as a hard-nosed midfielder ( that pestering tagger Levi Greenwood /Matt de Boer style.) that can be rested as a mid-forward..

Amazing that anyone could've criticised Nick's game tonight given there were at least dozen players that were way worse.

Nick was quite solid I thought without being great, but with the regularity the ball was coming in and the lack of defensive pressure by our mids, a common theme for a number of years now, he did pretty well all things being considered.

I think when Bailey come back we need to put Robertson in the middle as a defensive mid. He has the running capacity that Matho lacks and would surely provide more than what Lyons provides. His defensive side would eclipse Lyons by a mile and I am sure he could break even on what Lyons is currently providing offensively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back