Scandal Nick Stevens may be jailed - Multiple counts of assaulting a woman

Remove this Banner Ad

Something something rehabilitating an offender back into the community. Not saying I agree with it but I'm sure there would be some kind of second-chance rationale to it.

Except he hasn't even served his original sentence and is on bail pending an appeal

Something something rehabilitating an offender back into the community. Not saying I agree with it but I'm sure there would be some kind of second-chance rationale to it.

I'll admit, I don't subscribe to the theory "everyone deserves a second chance,"
but would any self respecting male who does honestly want to play football under this bloke?

#whiteribbonweek

Eh, I'm a believer in rehab, but I do agree that'd it be difficult to work/play with him. In the simplest of terms - If that's how he treats his spouse when drunk/angry/just normally, how the * is he going to treat you? Even if you don't care about broader social issues and what not...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Forgiving is love and life.
But come on . So soon after a crime like this. It´s not right. He deserves to be ostracized from society for the time being at least if not forever.
Let him show rehabilitation not society give it to him so easily. He´s not a good person.

Last edited:
No it won't mate, grow up.

Without creating a "will not, will to" argument, how about we just wait and see if any Red Cliff footballers refuse to play under Stevens.

Suggesting that I need to "grow up" because I wouldn't play under a convicted woman basher (and believe others would share a similar view) is a pathetic response.

Without creating a "will not, will to" argument, how about we just wait and see if any Red Cliff footballers refuse to play under Stevens.

Suggesting that I need to "grow up" because I wouldn't play under a convicted woman basher (and believe others would share a similar view) is a pathetic response.

So you can speak for other's viewpoints can you? Hmmm.

This shouldn't surprise us. What is surprising is that he gets a position despite not being a successful player or coach. Surely Red Cliffs could attract a better candidate than this campaigner? His name & reputation wouldn't be worth sullying a club with imo.
If he was appointed at our club, with his history & still going through appeals, I know people would walk and it would only make it more difficult to attract junior members.
I'd take my kids out.

Because today's technology is .................... well ............... today's ................... huh maybe? .... ;)
So you started supporting capital punishment on the 3rd of April 2015, because prior to that we didn't have 'today's technology' to guarantee error free trials?

So you started supporting capital punishment on the 3rd of April 2015, because prior to that we didn't have 'today's technology' to guarantee error free trials?

Nope, been an advocate for it for decades.

I do admit that the possibility for wrongful conviction was there in the less scientifically advanced times, however right now, no, I very much doubt it.

You'll probably want me to say there is 100% no chance of wrongful conviction, well I can't, no-body could. That does not change my mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back