Toast Nick Suban

Remove this Banner Ad

Put more effort into his angry face than his actual game but good on ya Subes, good luck.

I tell all my mates about his angry face as well! I'll miss that the most - the look of determination trying to barge through a tackle and getting a holding the ball. It always looked like he though "this works for fyfey, how about I give it a go".

Really going to miss him. One of my faves with de boer and Barlow. I hope we bring through the next wave of these good quality, hard at it team men.

I think guys like Suban and the above is the reason peel has been so strong also. Hopefully someone gives him a go, but if not I think he will do well in whatever job he chooses if he brings the same attitude and endeavour.

There are some footballers you can say that don't use their head when they play... Suban is not one of them.

We'll miss you, you crazy kid.

Cheers for the 156 games Nick and the 312 holding the ball frees against. Best of luck and happy to call you a Docker for life.

Aaahhh Subes. You frustrated the living crap out of me at times, but you could never fault your endeavour, your angry face or how vigourously you flew the flag for your team mates in a dust up.

Hope you get the opportunity to play another year or two elsewhere - maybe GC will pick you up to make sure you're in the packs blocking the path for Lachie to keep him pretty for his photo shoots. ;)

150+ games is a decent career in anybody's language. :thumbsu:

Very disappointed, assuming there is a more lucrative deal available somewhere that we weren't willing to match.

I would imagine this is a mutual parting of ways which will lead to a second chance elsewhere.

Wish him nothing but luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gave 100% for Freo. Bled Purple.

Yeah he got a few HTB's against when he thought he was better than he was...but so what ... 156 games and 60 goals.

He was all grit and determination. He was no Nat Fyfe but he was no Dylan Smith either.

Your Mongrel will be missed Subes.

Thanks for the dead-eye kicks, Subes. Lesser thanks also for your many attempts to wade through packs.

Always tried his guts out for the club, always remained loyal and happy to stay in Perth, never died wondering and is probably the AFL all-time leader in the crucial 'ripped jumpers per game' stat. He has given significant service to Freo and I'm glad he got to life membership. Hope he finds another club who can both love and be infuriated by him for a few more years to come.

One last time:

d85e182f84d1873bd41cd26436cfe66a.jpeg

Aaahhh Subes. You frustrated the living crap out of me at times, but you could never fault your endeavour, your angry face or how vigourously you flew the flag for your team mates in a dust up.

Hope you get the opportunity to play another year or two elsewhere - maybe GC will pick you up to make sure you're in the packs blocking the path for Lachie to keep him pretty for his photo shoots. ;)

150+ games is a decent career in anybody's language. :thumbsu:

Agree fully. I hope Suban gets another chance at another club. When he first arrived at the club I thought he would be a star.He never quite achieved that but was a very strong contributor in the club's most successful period.

Gave 100 percent and can't disrespect that. Unfortunately need players with better skills and smarts to improve from here.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him running around for Claremont next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back