Opinion Nickname

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem with owls is, we have an unusually high percentage of teams already named after birds in the AFL.

I actually like apples, it's different so will stand out, but devils or tridents is good. I gaurantee one thing though, the AFL will come out with a s**t name and s**t jumper that's a certainty.

Don't want bird nameswhat about scorpions or tiger snakes?

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Don't want bird nameswhat about scorpions or tiger snakes?

Getting no love with my suggestions. Brewers is my recommendation. Others. Greens )maybe political), Lakers. Timber. Rams. Jumper in Greens. Dark for Home. Light Green for away.

Getting no love with my suggestions. Brewers is my recommendation. Others. Greens )maybe political), Lakers. Timber. Rams. Jumper in Greens. Dark for Home. Light Green for away.
Tasmania cascades. Then you have a major sponsor as well

Devils is the name of the entire Tasmanian football programme designed to create a pathway from juniors to the AFL, and all teams representing the state currently are named the Devils, so it would make no sense for the AFL name to be anything else. The thread is actually moot for all intents and purposes...!

Having said that I guess, up here on the Cassowary Coast, the guy who is the driving force behind local footy barracks for the Crows, and that's the name he's given to the Cassowary Coast team...his own daughter, who's in my English class, has facepalmed this one...!

baseketball GIF by Leroy Patterson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tassie Maps :D
Tasmania Thylacines

Ok, the next lot are somewhat original:-

Tasmania Auroras
Tasmania Pioneers
Tasmania Hostility
Tasmania Tiger Snakes
Tasmania Pademelons
Tasmania Abalone
Tasmania Lobsters
Tasmania Truffles
Tasmania Heritage
Tasmania Rangers
Tasmania Convicts
Tassmania Waves

So, apparently, Tasmania Devils and Tasmania Tigers clash.

So…The Tasmania Scollop Pies it is!

I really hope we go with something original like the Jack Jumpers did.

Gimme the Tassie Tuna, the Tassie Trumpeters, the Tassie Tiger Snakes (might be issues with "tiger"), the Tassie Trawlers, the Tassie Ringtails...

Anything but the Devils or the Mariners please.

I really hope we go with something original like the Jack Jumpers did.

Gimme the Tassie Tuna, the Tassie Trumpeters, the Tassie Tiger Snakes (might be issues with "tiger"), the Tassie Trawlers, the Tassie Ringtails...

Anything but the Devils or the Mariners please.
I suggested the tiger snakes.

Would it be horrible to not have a nickname or mascot? Serious question. Would like to here opinions on it. Do we still need them for new teams?

Most VFL/AFL teams are really quite bland. Eagles, Crows, Lions, Swans, Suns, Giants, Roos, Hawks, Cats etc

Tridents I like. The sea & all that.

However, 'Devils' is very Tasmanian & I think will do just fine. ;)
How is Magpies not bland? Lol, I guess bias take. Unbias take I wouldn't say Hawks and Lions are bland, since they're at least intimating figures. But I do think Tasmanian Devils is a no brainer to go with, it's already iconic and sounds intimidating. Anything else would be vastly inferior.

How is Magpies not bland? Lol, I guess bias take. Unbias take I wouldn't say Hawks and Lions are bland, since they're at least intimating figures. But I do think Tasmanian Devils is a no brainer to go with, it's already iconic and sounds intimidating. Anything else would be vastly inferior.

I didn't say magpies wasn't bland did I? I wrote 9 names, 1/2 the AFL. then put etc. Etc meaning '& others'.

You can make up your own little list of 'bland names' for us on BF for Christmas if you like.

I didn't say magpies wasn't bland did I? I wrote 9 names, 1/2 the AFL. then put etc. Etc meaning '& others'.

You can make up your own little list of 'bland names' for us on BF for Christmas if you like.
Still bitter over 2018, eh? Also, I wonder if they'll go with Tasmania or Hobart for the area name. Wonder if the trademark is anything to go by.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back