Opinion Nickname

Remove this Banner Ad

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do you really want your club with a state name?

How about Southern Skies?
City, Suburban, Region (GWS) or State name, what's the difference? At least it aptly describes our location. ;)

If you wanted a difference I guess guess Island Devils or Southern Storm maybe?

Most current clubs have historic suburban names which bear little relation to their current reach.

Western Bulldogs doesn't really describe a place. Maybe they should have a location, Footscray or Maribyrnong maybe? :)

LoungeLizard

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
City, Suburban, Region (GWS) or State name, what's the difference? At least it aptly describes our location. ;)

If you wanted a difference I guess guess Island Devils or Southern Storm maybe?

Most current clubs have historic suburban names which bear little relation to their current reach.

Western Bulldogs doesn't really describe a place. Maybe they should have a location, Footscray or Maribyrnong maybe? :)
It's really up to you guys what you want, (if you do get a say)but a state side?

I was thinking about the future, if another Tassie side entered, one called Tasmania doesn't sit well with me is all.

Gibbke

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
South Launceston, Tassie Tigers
Devils. There is no other option. Tigers and Devils, footy and cricket, the two iconic sports in Tassie represented by the two iconic animals. And if anyone confuses the Tasmanian devil with a demon, they are an idiot who was never going to buy the memberships or merchandise anyway...and even those people know the difference between Satan and Taz...!

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad