Opinion Nickname

Remove this Banner Ad

Got the name and logo all done already

C'mon you know it has to be done.

29d6952635f64a64d1be4466068b1a04.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

I thought maybe Islanders or Apple Islanders. But it just doesn't roll off the tongue and sounds a bit clunky being the Tasmanian Apple Islanders, maybe the Tassie Islanders is a bit better.

Dunno. Definitely heard worse suggestions.

Can’t see why not. VFL have Werribee Tigers and Richmond Tigers do they not?
I have no idea who is in the vfl

Tbh I don't have aproblem with them having devils as the name just playing devils advocate. Could it be a problem

I have no idea who is in the vfl

Tbh I don't have aproblem with them having devils as the name just playing devils advocate. Could it be a problem

Well the devils in the details really. Also the Demons gets shortened to Dees colloquially where as Tassie Devils will probably get shortened in speak to just Tas or Tassie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has to be the Tasmania Devils. We all know it’s right. There is no doubt in my mind a Tasmania AFL club is right for the game :)

Can we start talking about the 'go home factor' for all the drafted players that will leave the Devils in favor for a club just across the bass strait?

Can we start talking about the 'go home factor' for all the drafted players that will leave the Devils in favor for a club just across the bass strait?
They should look to Geelong for guidance in this regard - with airport security/flight/etc it takes about the same time to fly from Melbourne to Hobart as it does to drive from Melb to Geelong.

''How do you like them apples?'' Two tassie apples supporters chatting at half time as the apples lead by 27 points in their first AFL match. Or they could be referring to something completely different.

Don't give us the 'pip'! Just get to the 'core' of the matter.

Maybe they could just smoke the stuff you're on ;)

Apples? I think you're about 50 years out of date. The UK joining the common market killed that. It ain't the industry it once was.

Perhaps Tassie Greens, after my favorite Cascade Pale Ale brew. It was once noted as the beer of choice for Alcoholics & Uni students. :)

Maybe 'spuds'? or MONA's? (We are good at moaning!!!)

The team name needs to be a bit bold Tassie tridents I don't mind with gReen and maroon home jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back