MRP / Trib. NicNat Watch. Tribunal Edition

Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, GSW Bandwagoner
Published 7th August
here.

“Nic Naitanui is doing really well,” West Coast general manager of football Craig Vozzo said.

“He’s kicking the ball around now on that ankle.

“He’s done some on ground running.

“He’s slowly building his change of direction so we are on track with Nic.”

Vozzo said while the club was cautious to put a date on Naitanui’s return to the AFL, he was pleased with the recovery.

“We’re not setting any return to play dates at this stage,” Vozzo said.

“So far (Naitanui’s) hitting every milestone within his rehab.”

MaxHunt

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Charlton FC
While the club was cautious to put a date on Naitanui’s return to the AFL, he was pleased with the recovery.

“We’re not setting any return to play dates at this stage,” Vozzo said.

“So far (Naitanui’s) hitting every milestone within his rehab.”

This is a croc, only 3 weeks til finals. If they are plotting his rehab they should know the approx return time.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
This is a croc, only 3 weeks til finals. If they are plotting his rehab they should know the approx return time.

Of course they know.

They will want to keep the oppo guessing.

There will be a massive media build up during the bye week leading up to whoever we are playing in the first round of finals.

MaxHunt

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Charlton FC
Of course they know.

They will want to keep the oppo guessing.

There will be a massive media build up during the bye week leading up to whoever we are playing in the first round of finals.
There's no real point to that.

I reckon they think he will not be back this year.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Nic unfortuantly has the genetics that make him big and 2 two he needs a bit of size being a player that relies on power. Other players who rely on their power tend tend to be beasts as well. Dangerfield and even Shuey are very big for their size and position.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Couple of updates for Panther Watch -

Naitanui will be fine for finals. Simmo said he has been kicking the ball around on that ankle. If he can do that already, he will be in for the finals, I don't doubt it.
Naitanui out on the training track with the WAFL group warming up. Broke into a slow jog

Kicking a ball on an ankle is quite some skill !

Nov 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I prefer to let the seamstresses do the seamstressing
Let the striders stride

sd7rm8k2pop21.gif

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
He's not going to play Sunday obviously, and based on what the club has said will not be ready Saturday week.

So that gives 3 and a half weeks until game-day (+/- a couple of days depending on fixture). Based on the videos you would have to say that looks pretty reasonable.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Been 32 days since the injury

A Friday night final is 24 days away

If there’s no setbacks along the way he’s better than 50/50 from what I saw today

JEagle

All Australian
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Sadly I don't think he will be back this year.

Doubts about his injury prone leg issues for his career imo.
I'd hate it to be true but it's been 3 years since he did the first knee.

Long term I think he needs to lose some bulk off his frame.

Agreeed. He is 5 to 8kg too big. It is making him injury prone imo due to hos explosivness it is placing great stress on his body. Lose 5 to 8 and he would still be explosive, but it wouldn't take as big a toll.

JEagle

All Australian
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
His explosiveness is genetic - same genetics that make him big - not a marathon runner

As someone with similar genetics i realise this. I weigh 100kg and am only 182cm. Still explosive and fast, but i also know when i am eating well and training alot more cardio and i can get down to 90kg i feel like a ninja. Sure you lose some strength, but your explosivness makes upnfor it. Younger nic is a good example. Still very imtimidating and explosive. Yet 10kg lighter

IF the Beagles qualify for finals, is Nic eligible to play? This coincides with the pre-finals bye.

I’m not sure how the rules apply to the Beagles, but for last season then finals eligibility rules included a five WAFL League game minimum, including three games post June 30, neither of which Nic would satisfy.

I’m not sure how the rules apply to the Beagles, but for last season then finals eligibility rules included a five WAFL League game minimum, including three games post June 30, neither of which Nic would satisfy.
If our name was Fremantle we’d select him for the next two WAFL games and sit him in the grandstand

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
He always looks like that until he explodes. He kind of jogs around looking heavy and then bam... suspended for nailing someone in a perfect yet somehow overly agressive tackle...

Imagine Nic Nat and Yeo, two blokes that actually look to hurt players (fairly) in a GF without the risk of being suspended for a GF.

Those two are seriously intimidating tacklers. I like to consider myself a fairly sturdy footballer, but I'd be absolutely shitting myself having Nic Nat on my hammer.

Back