Remove this Banner Ad

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
I feel like it’s only been recently in his career that he has been really heavy though. I don’t think he was anywhere near this weight in his AA 2012 year.
Even as recently as 2015.

Looks a lot leaner and just more agile overall while still having the power in his tackling. Part of that is obviously age and possibly not being able to keep the weight off as he gets older.

Or.. he’s intentionally that big. Tried to turn him into a Mummy type ruck but his natural leap is causing problems. The knees have probably taken away any of those sidesteps or cat like but would be nice to see him back looking something similar to 2015.

Watching that highlight video really does make you realise how much we lost by not having him for his prime years. Could’ve really taken the comp apart. It’s no coincidence that both the years we’ve looked the most convincing were the two he played the majority of the season. We still sit equal top this year but haven’t looked as good. Reckon we’d have waltzed to B2B if he didn’t go down again. The signs were ominous.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
How awesome will it be to see Nic Nat throw out the weight differential calculator and absolutely bury campaigners in a Grand Final? Sets the scene at the opening bounce and follows up his own tap and just destroys Martin/Dangerfield/Neale. Play on bitches.
He’d take it all in his stride IMO

Jiggyman

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
How awesome will it be to see Nic Nat throw out the weight differential calculator and absolutely bury campaigners in a Grand Final? Sets the scene at the opening bounce and follows up his own tap and just destroys Martin/Dangerfield/Neale. Play on bitches.
If Nic played in another GF, he would absolutely throw caution to the wind and inflict significant damage. No red cards, and suspension might as well be meaningless having missed 2 seasons already.

He's a year-by-year proposition now; one game could be everything.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Im sorry but as much as i love NN and am awe of his ability;it would be suicide to go into a high pressure final with any reliance on him.We have the team to beat anybody.I would have him in with the view that he was the cream not the cake.If you started him in the ruck he would sweep all before him for 10 minutes then he would be shagged.In the last quarter and under the pump he could be a liability.Sitting forward,he would draw the best defender,hes unbeatable in the air,he wouldnt have to do any serious chasing with our plethora of little kamakazie speed freaks.Ragdog somebody occasionally,take a couple of big grabs,kick a goal and give a couple out from ruck contests and hes seriously good below his knees.I realise hes one of the all time great tap ruckmen but finals aren't about showcasing individual brilliance [ thats a byproduct ] its about winning!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Im sorry but as much as i love NN and am awe of his ability;it would be suicide to go into a high pressure final with any reliance on him.We have the team to beat anybody.I would have him in with the view that he was the cream not the cake.If you started him in the ruck he would sweep all before him for 10 minutes then he would be shagged.In the last quarter and under the pump he could be a liability.Sitting forward,he would draw the best defender,hes unbeatable in the air,he wouldnt have to do any serious chasing with our plethora of little kamakazie speed freaks.Ragdog somebody occasionally,take a couple of big grabs,kick a goal and give a couple out from ruck contests and hes seriously good below his knees.I realise hes one of the all time great tap ruckmen but finals aren't about showcasing individual brilliance [ thats a byproduct ] its about winning!!
He has shown he can come in and dominate straight off the bat. We won't rely on him but he will make a huge difference QF is a free shot as well. He is well worth the punt Every.Single.Day.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Fyfe's injuries or size don't effect him running out the game. If you are on limited minutes it can also effect bench and rotations. Agree he is different to Gawn tho. He is obviously stronger but I wonder how much it has impacted his leap.
Yeah fyfe not the greatest example. What I'm trying to say is that for the type of player they're, their bulk is pretty important.
I feel like it’s only been recently in his career that he has been really heavy though. I don’t think he was anywhere near this weight in his AA 2012 year.
Yeah true. That said he was kinda youngish then as well.

When Nic first did his knee, i wanted him to bulk up because i expected him to lose his leap and i wanted him to turn into a Mummy sort of battering ram.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back