MRP / Trib. NicNat Watch. Tribunal Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno_OAllen gives us a lot of mobility around the ground.NN could do the JD forward rucking thing.Hickey will stay at No1 ruck no doubt.Nobody else could shoulder his workload.Waterman? Sorry mate!
If Naitanui gets back, he's the No 1 ruck. Don't even. Look at the rucks available to Geelong, Brisbane and Richmond. They have no way to deal with Naitanui.

I have another alternate view on Nic Nat and what he does for the team. Moving on from all the superlatives etc.

This won't be popular and it will be taken in the wrong way.

Because he is so dominating, our mids become lazy waiting for the easy tap. The opposition forget about their ruckman winning and instead set up defensively to shark our taps and sit on our mids until they turn it over.

I have another alternate view on Nic Nat and what he does for the team. Moving on from all the superlatives etc.

This won't be popular and it will be taken in the wrong way.

Because he is so dominating, our mids become lazy waiting for the easy tap. The opposition forget about their ruckman winning and instead set up defensively to shark our taps and sit on our mids until they turn it over.
Nah you're right we should never pick Naitanui again.

Simple question but for some unkown reason you like getting your knickers in a not.

Try again.
What's the question?

The addition of Naitanui immediately makes us a more effective clearance side. On the other hand, "our midfielders become lazy".

Really? You post that and don't expect to be ridiculed?

Naitanui immediately makes us more potent. We become more damaging from stoppages and he brings extra physical pressure around the contest. And he's another roadblock when teams go long down the line. But nah, "our mids get lazy". Of course they do. Cutting edge stuff.

Go have another vodka + red bull.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at the way people internalise tabloid/online framing.

Everyone knows Naitanui is awesome and influential.

But let's say something contrary, even if it's nonsense, because people will at least engage with it, if only to disagree and ridicule it. And that's actually more than you'll get if you just say something sensible that most people know to be obviously true. Look at the way nonsense is incentivised. All you need is someone willing to peddle it.

The "downside of Naitanui".

Our mids become "lazy".

What a load of rubbish.
Personally I think there's a bit of truth in what Candiru says as do think our mids sit on their laurels a bit at times when Nic is playing. Noticed the workrate of the mids fell off a bit when Nic played those couple of games.

Personally I think there's a bit of truth in what Candiru says as do think our mids sit on their laurels a bit at times when Nic is playing. Noticed the workrate of the mids fell off a bit when Nic played those couple of games.
You might have misconstrued that exchange. I'm rejecting the idea there's any meaningful downside to Naitanui. Our midfield got flogged today so I'll have Naitanui back ASAP please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back