Rumour NicNat's Groin

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he showed more tonight than NicNat did on debut.

NABCupR01DawDontArgue.gif

Was at the game, everyone loved this play. Was really good hearing supporters of all 3 teams cheering for him.

When NicNat was his age though, he was on the cusp of AA so..... yeah. Which game was it that NicNat kicked 3 goals in pissing down rain to beat the Hawks? Was it his second?

But really, just enjoy that you have an exciting and potentially good player on your list HTB. He's not NicNat and wont ever be, he'll be his own player and I'm pretty sure most people wish Daw well.

If you really want to get into a pissing contest though:

Senior games for Daw: 0

AA for NicNat: 1

Even though pre-season is quickly coming to end, there's still yet but a short window for Norf supporters to get in their annual overrating of their players. Last call, hurry, hurry, hurry! This clip is fair game, for it's the pre-season - typically when Norf shine the brightest - not necessarily due to football, but rather the Norf supporter powered hype train.

My point is that these blokes are already in your best 22. You don't have ready replacements for the 4-5 guns and good players that are going to depart. You appear to be overstocked with quality forwards, so perhaps a trade for a midfielder might be on the cards in the next year or two.

See, this is one of the many reasons why nobody takes you seriously. You expect all your players who nobody has heard of to become guns magically. However you don't even know the younger players of us or any other team. So, how can you judge that yours are better?

You're getting closer to your next meltdown Mario.

Great goal :thumbsu:

But he didn't get that many possessions. To become a good player you have to get lots of possessions and preferably the freebies out on the half back line. Heaven forbid if he goes a whole season with the highest contested percentage rate in the league ;)

Great goal :thumbsu:

But he didn't get that many possessions. To become a good player you have to get lots of possessions and preferably the freebies out on the half back line. Heaven forbid if he goes a whole season with the highest contested percentage rate in the league ;)

I always knew he was going to do a couple of nice things, it's the regulation stuff that needs some work. He did one or two things such as blocks etc, that suggest that he is coming to terms with the nuances of the game. As an avid follower of our VFL sides over Majaks career I can say that he has continued to improve to the point where I believe he can now be a competitive AFL footballer.

Tony Shaw makes an interesting comment at the end of this clip.

Look, I was at the game right near where that happened (with a north supporter who exploded in blue and white discharge) and there was no doubt it was impressive. However, he also had a player about 15m on his inside who was wide open and screaming for the ball.

Hope he goes well, but consistency will be the big challenge for him.

Fair go mate, the bloke was in an Egyptian detention camp between the ages of 9 and 12 when most kids are learning the basic skills
Your the one comparing him to NicNat, who himself only started playing football at 12. Im not taking anything away from Daw as i said above I'm hoping he does well, though there is no denying coming in and playing AFL when your body is 21 (22 this year) compared to 19 is definitely an advantage. s**t I dont play AFL and i can see how my body has changed significantly from when I was 19 through to 22. Seriously you overate your players and significantly under rate Naitanuis game here let alone some others...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder where he picked that up from. It's good to see he is stealing from the best. ;)

Considering he has been on your list for three years i wouldn't go rating him to NN. The kid's athletic and physical attributes will allow him to do some pretty freaky things from time to time.
However our big fella is the most dominant player in his position in the competition. FULL STOP. At 22 mind you.

Whether you agree with the AA selection or not, when NN is firing no one can stop him. Daw's improvement has been commendable and his VFL grand final last year was very good. Nearly won the game off his own boot, however VFL form and a few pre season games hardly warrant delusions of grandeur just yet.

I wonder where he picked that up from. It's good to see he is stealing from the best. ;)

Considering he has been on your list for three years i wouldn't go rating him to NN. The kid's athletic and physical attributes will allow him to do some pretty freaky things from time to time.
However our big fella is the most dominant player in his position in the competition. FULL STOP. At 22 mind you.

Whether you agree with the AA selection or not, when NN is firing no one can stop him. Daw's improvement has been commendable and his VFL grand final last year was very good. Nearly won the game off his own boot, however VFL form and a few pre season games hardly warrant delusions of grandeur just yet.

not to mention the dont argue from a stand still position requires a lot more strength than putting your arm out at a midget when your already running full tilt

Fair go mate, the bloke was in an Egyptian detention camp between the ages of 9 and 12 when most kids are learning the basic skills

It doesnt matter. You cant compare a 1st year debut with a 4th year debut. Daw has been in a professional environment for 4 years, his body size and shape is much more suited to the game than Nics was in his debut.

That being said, Daw was a lot more impressive than I thought he'd be. Looks like he could be a player :thumbsu:

It doesnt matter.

Yeah, being a refugee from your homeland and then living in a tent and existing on a diet of maize and beans for a significant portion of a childs development does matter.

Majak is already a success even if he never plays a game of AFL football.

Yeah, being a refugee from your homeland and then living in a tent and existing on a diet of maize and beans for a significant portion of a childs development does matter.

Whats that got to do with his body size and shape now? His development has clearly not affected by it which is a credit to him. He's been in a professional environment for 3 and a half years. You cant compare his debut with Nics. The only similarity is that they had both been playing footyball for less than 6 years

True.

But he'll never be NicNat. Just because they have dark skin it does not mean they are in direct competition with each other.

One is trying to get a run in a senior side that will finish around 8th, the other is attempting to back up AA selection and be one of the most important players in a team aiming for top 4

Regarding this statement, no one with any brains would argue with this. It is a beautiful thing you have written HtB:thumbsu:

A lot of your other stuff is a bit rich tho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back