The Law Nicola Gobbo named - Massive corruption by Victoria Police that will see major criminals released from jail

Sainteric

Cancelled
Aug 5, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
How is she still alive?
How is Mokbel and these other scums she defended still in the clink?
Extended family got in quick

Sir James Gobbo, who was also a Supreme Court judge, his wife Lady Gobbo and their children said on Friday they knew nothing of the scandal and had not spoken to Ms Gobbo in years.

Sir James and Lady Gobbo pictured in 2008.CREDIT:CATHRYN TREMAIN
“As a family, we have been disturbed by the revelations leading to the establishment of a Royal Commission into the management of informants by Victoria Police,” the statement read.
“We understand that the royal commission will, in part, look into the actions of Nicola Gobbo, the daughter of Sir James’ late brother.
Advertisement

"No members of our immediate family have seen or spoken to Nicola in many years and have no knowledge of the matters to be investigated or her actions.”
The statement was also signed by Sir and Lady Gobbo’s children Jeremy Gobbo, QC, Flavia Gobbo, Dr Olivia Gobbo, Danni Gobbo and James Gobbo. They asked for privacy

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
....who facilitates the conveying of “protected witnesses” to court?

Depends I suppose. I have no personal experience with such things, but I do know there are separate building and court room entrances to facilitate these witnesses.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't know if they still exist, but VicPol used to have the PSG (protective services group) that looked after witnesses under protection.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
She's not going to get knocked with this kind of spotlight on her.

Even VicPol wouldn't try this. It would be TOO obvious.

However, if the Hun mentions on its front page that she has had an argument/falling out with someone................you can never discount "coincidence".

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather. I'm shocked to be sitting here.

Well I have been shooting my mouth off (and I know jack s**t) but I guess I didn't breach a suppression order after all. But congrats the world media on breaking the world's worst kept secret.

Meanwhile we have ex PMs giving references to convicted pedos and people without a fair trial rotting in prison. This is a ******* joke. And while I think old Tones did a lot more than drug dealing the whole point of living in a fair society is due process.

(no where else for me to rant) I can see how the Nazis won power. Get people on side and screw the enemy. Everyone just seems to want to hide away.

But we don't live in a Police State. It actually doesn't matter what I, you or anyone thinks or feels. It isn't right to lock people up on a whim. And I am (in certain cases all for capital punishment). But you have to have a fair, just reasonable process. And this entire state is rotten to the core. In fact if i am ever called for jury duty again it will be not guiltys all round. Grubby deals (going back years) political slogans and crack downs don't cut it.

However unfair this is all on Andrews to fix house. Create a fair, just system or people will lose faith quick smart.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
serious you police are working hard to get yourselves out of this one... it always comes back upon you eventually..

walking towards redemption.. or walking towards 'head'.. hide your head.. you know what i am saying...

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
https://abc.net.au/news/2019-03-02/...-lawyer-x-past-role-alp-letters-hoax/10861574

Getting a Georgina Downer vibe about her. Thought she's smarter than she is because of family background.

She's a psychopathic attention whore.

Reports in the media that the Andrews government is toying with the idea of introducing special laws to detain prisoners who were denied due process in the lawyer X scandal. If this actually happens, leave the country. North Korea has arrived in Melbourne.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Reports in the media that the Andrews government is toying with the idea of introducing special laws to detain prisoners who were denied due process in the lawyer X scandal.

If this actually happens, leave the country. North Korea has arrived in Melbourne.
if you don't like your in laws then you are going to travel far and wind up distressed because they are going to shoot you in the foot...

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
She's a psychopathic attention whore.

Reports in the media that the Andrews government is toying with the idea of introducing special laws to detain prisoners who were denied due process in the lawyer X scandal. If this actually happens, leave the country. North Korea has arrived in Melbourne.
I could say even more but you would have no contemplation of where and what and how it all fits together... hey ho...

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
But, perhaps the most detrimental effect of this scandal is its undermining of the Rule of Law. Basic safeguards that underpin the legal profession, such as client confidentiality, representation of a client’s best interests and disclosure of any conflicts of interests were thrown out the window.

SYDNEY CRIMINAL LAWYERS

Back