The Law Nicola Gobbo named - Massive corruption by Victoria Police that will see major criminals released from jail

Remove this Banner Ad

He is/was " The Runner " yes ?
I thought that was Ange Goussis.
Fitness freak kickboxer / boxer. He wasn't far off going to the olympics at one point.

What an absolute joke.

Part of me does wonder though, if the cops weren't confident in putting this guy away without cheating then maybe the 12 years served is a good result.

And he comes out all grateful and not bitter about those 12 years! * me, if I was genuinely innocent I'd be ropable and bitter as the end of a cucumber about 12 years down the toilet. This guy is like "holy s**t i can't believe my luck"

Honestly how wonderful is it to see this corrupt "lawyer" get what's coming to her. It's a good bet onlce upon a time she heavily supported the 2014 budget and wanted to attack the poor all while sipping a $600 glass of wine. Now everyday and everynight she lives in constant fear. Just like the poor did everyday and evey night Tony Abbott was in office

Many convicted murderers and drug dealers etc, will be released and financially compensated for their wrongful imprisonment - courtesy of the Victorian tax payer. Bill could reach $60 million or more. How does one compensate and place a monetary value on the pain and suffering whilst in jail, loss of income and of course the damage to their integrity and reputation?

Honestly how wonderful is it to see this corrupt "lawyer" get what's coming to her. It's a good bet onlce upon a time she heavily supported the 2014 budget and wanted to attack the poor all while sipping a $600 glass of wine. Now everyday and everynight she lives in constant fear. Just like the poor did everyday and evey night Tony Abbott was in office
Riiiiigggggghhhhht

Many convicted murderers and drug dealers etc, will be released and financially compensated for their wrongful imprisonment - courtesy of the Victorian tax payer. Bill could reach $60 million or more. How does one compensate and place a monetary value on the pain and suffering whilst in jail, loss of income and of course the damage to their integrity and reputation?
It wasn't wrongfully imprisonment, it was no to re trial.

It wasn't wrongfully imprisonment, it was no to re trial.

I was being sarcastic my friend.
And no to a re-trial merely means that without the wrongfully obtained evidence/testimony the case against the accused is flimsy.
Do you think this was a set up from the start?

Youre happy murderers and drugs dealers will be free to exact revenge on her?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the surface on what has been reported so far, it's a bit of a beat up. What they have done is pretty unethical, but not illegal and just a way of shutting down the underworld. It's funny how people dislike the police so much that they are willing to side with known career criminals. I mean, it's the same as them calling people who try not to blame every Muslim for any terrorist attack an apologist.
Imagine being this wrong.

From the surface on what has been reported so far, it's a bit of a beat up. What they have done is pretty unethical, but not illegal and just a way of shutting down the underworld. It's funny how people dislike the police so much that they are willing to side with known career criminals. I mean, it's the same as them calling people who try not to blame every Muslim for any terrorist attack an apologist.

It's probably been demonstrated, now we've seen the decision with Orman's appeal that a wrong outcome was achieved regardless of VicPol and the DPPs spin and a case could be constructed of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice. The lesser known charge of gross misfeasance in public office might be a consideration when the RC is done.

I don't dislike the police generally, they were at my house a couple of nights ago after an attempted break in and got here within about twenty minutes even after I'd said there was no need to attend. Hung around the area for a while, they did a good job and when I went to bed slept like a brick.

This lot of cops though and Gobbo, who gave us a Royal Commission, debased and blew trust in the criminal justice system I hope get their right whack.

I was being sarcastic my friend.
And no to a re-trial merely means that without the wrongfully obtained evidence/testimony the case against the accused is flimsy.
Do you think this was a set up from the start?
It was because said person had served 10 years of a 14 year sentence. Makes it a little harder for compensation

:joycat: you're not being serious are you? "Shutting down the underworld"... :joycat:

:joycat: you're not being serious are you? "Shutting down the underworld"... :joycat:

This reminds me of the Battlestar Galactica episode "Black Market" where SPOILER Commander Fisk is murdered and Captain Lee Adama investigates. By the end he SPOILER murders the criminal leader and accepts the inevitability of the black market on President Roslin's behalf (to her annoyance) but tells them child trafficking and withholding medicine is a no go.

It's probably been demonstrated, now we've seen the decision with Orman's appeal that a wrong outcome was achieved regardless of VicPol and the DPPs spin and a case could be constructed of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice. The lesser known charge of gross misfeasance in public office might be a consideration when the RC is done.

I don't dislike the police generally, they were at my house a couple of nights ago after an attempted break in and got here within about twenty minutes even after I'd said there was no need to attend. Hung around the area for a while, they did a good job and when I went to bed slept like a brick.

This lot of cops though and Gobbo, who gave us a Royal Commission, debased and blew trust in the criminal justice system I hope get their right whack.

If drugs were legalised/decriminalised, imagine the investment we could make in a properly effective force that wouldn't be completely impervious to corruption but would have THE biggest driver removed.

And with the low end acquisitive drug crime eliminated, and the kind of pissant arresting low end types to "show results" stuff ending, they'd be able to focus on actual crime.

If drugs were legalised/decriminalised, imagine the investment we could make in a properly effective force that wouldn't be completely impervious to corruption but would have THE biggest driver removed.

I think even most cops would agree with that now, it makes good sense to decriminalise.

Did you read Sly's latest article warning Mokbel of more charges?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back