Society/Culture Nightly News - is this for real?

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't switched on TV evening news in ages.

Is this what people are feeding their brains on? No wonder people have mental health issues.

If this is your nightly habit, how could you possibly avoid going to bed stressed and anxious?

I don't think I've watched the news since I was young and wanted to check the footy scores.

I prefer digital/print media where you can select the stories you wish to read, rather than watching the latest story on veterans or whatever.

I also hate watching things if I can read them instead.

That being said, I only watch TV if sport is on.

Otherwise, I'll tend to just stream things through my laptop, which probably influences my viewing habits.

Disclaimer: I choose to watch Tucker Carlson.

I love it, it's a guilty pleasure of mine. As far as I can see I'm safer in Baghdad than on the mean streets of Adelaide. Odds on the number of road deaths with bookies could create that sorely needed revenue too. The road toll bought to you by Bet365, your money back, if you miss the weekly number of deaths by less than two.

Have watched very little MSM TV for many years, it is full of fats, freaks, finance and wannabes cooking, renovating, singing, f...ing anyone other than their partners and there is even a show where you watch other people watching TV. Holy s**t what an indictment on western society, talk about dumbing down.

SBS world news is good, ABC too.... My grandparents watch 7 news and say every night they mention the APEX gang, some drug bust/shooting and the latest elderly person to drive through a shop window.

SBS world news is good, ABC too.... My grandparents watch 7 news and say every night they mention the APEX gang, some drug bust/shooting and the latest elderly person to drive through a shop window.
I listened to 3AW (I think) two days a week, for 2 months. Every day dedicated perhaps 3 hours to our crime epidemic. :$

The only ones i watch on a semi regular basis are Australian Story, Catalyst, QandA (not so much lately, depends who the guests are), Four Corners, Insight and ABC2 with my 6 year old grand daughter occasionally.

Skyhooks had it right 40 years ago.

Watched a horror movie, right there on my TV
Horror movie, right there on my TV
Shockin' me right out of my brain
Shockin' me right out of my brain

It's bound to get you in
Get you under your skin
Hit you right on the chin, oh yeah
It's bound to be a thriller
It's bound to be a chiller
It's bound to be a killer, oh yeah

The planes are a-crashin'
The cars are a-smashin'
The cops are a-bashin', oh yeah
The kids are a-fightin'
The fires are a-lightin'
The dogs are a-bitin', oh yeah

The planes are a-crashin'
The cars are a-smashin'
The cops are a-bashin', oh yeah
The kids are a-fightin'
The fires are a-lightin'
The dogs are a-bitin', oh yeah

You think it's just a movie on a silver screen
And they're all actors and fake old scenes
Maybe you don't care who's gonna lose or win
Listen to this and I'll tell you somethin'

It's a horror movie, right there on my TV
Horror movie, and it's blown a fuse
Horror movie, it's the six-thirty news

The public's waitin'
For the killin' and the hatin'
Switch on the station, oh yeah
They do a lotta sellin'
Between the firin' and the yellin'
And you believe in what they're tellin', oh yeah

It's a horror movie right there on my TV
Horror movie right there on my TV
Horror movie and it's blown a fuse
And it's shockin' me right outta my brain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this what people are feeding their brains on? No wonder people have mental health issues.

If this is your nightly habit, how could you possibly avoid going to bed stressed and anxious?

Just tune in at 7 to settle that blast of paranoia with a good dose of moral righteousness, simple answers and illogical yet feel good sentiments with The Project.

The only ones i watch on a semi regular basis are Australian Story, Catalyst, QandA (not so much lately, depends who the guests are), Four Corners, Insight and ABC2 with my 6 year old grand daughter occasionally.

Insight and sports is all I watch. QandA is garbage and has been for years.

Am never not busy at 6pm so would not have seen a single bulleton in years. It cannot possibly be as bad as the news.com.au home page.. or is it?

A team of top quality professionals are en route to your destination so you can undertake "reassignment"

I watch ABC news and sometimes kill time on Foxtel checking out BBC/CNN/Bloomberg, but can't stand anything else. Channels 7/9/10 only get my viewing when there's sport on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back