Nightmarish violence at Dreamtime at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

B.O.Out, do you go to games ? Seen plenty of Hawk fans booted out.
I had a seat in an Essendon reserved seat section a couple of weeks ago at Marvel. Got there early, sat down and the Marvel staff member came up to me to check my ticket as i was sitting in the Essendon reserved section. He said to be careful as the Essendon supporters can get very nasty. Didn't have any issues but thought it was an interesting comment.

Haven’t personally seen someone booted for a long time.

Yeah, I go all the time. We don't play many Friday night or Saturday night games in Melbourne in case you hadn't noticed. Sure, there are bad apples in every group. But the Hawthorn fans are pretty tame compared to the large quota of ferals who make up the Big 4 "armies". So I think you're just clutching at false whataboutisms, rather than acknowledging what every Victorian policeman knows who works on duty at the MCG.
I was in standing room, yes, it was like an revolving door, can’t handle their piss. But I’ve seen plenty of hawks shown an early night mate

They were only serving mid strength beer at the game. The issue is people pre loading.
There was a lot of Essendon fans coming to the punt rd end and trying to cause fights with the cheersquad.
I dunno how -
A- you can stop drunk dh’s coming to the venue
B- people coming to the game looking for trouble.
Spirits.
whiskey bourbon GIF by JimBeam

12 bucks a can !!

if you think dickhead fans are solely linked to Richmond & Essendon then you haven't been here long.

People + Low Alcohol Tolerance = Morons.

Then why was this the only game over the weekend to have this kind of violence and mass ejections?

It's not like other games weren't held under the same conditions.

Then why so much trouble at this particular game?
Because incidents happen on occasion and they happened to happen at this game?

Perhaps on this particular day the wrong people met at the wrong time?

Do you think this is a problem with a club's supporter base as the problem? Do we even know they were supporters of either club or were they just attending the game because it's a marquee game?

You could mix any group of people with 100 different variables and have problems on occasion. It happens.

Just ban the drop dead bogan dherros for life from the stadium and from the afl/a league/ NRL /lawn bowls clubs etc bunch of farkin scum,too many heros in our society regardless of colour/ethnicity/religion

I was in standing room, yes, it was like an revolving door, can’t handle their piss. But I’ve seen plenty of hawks shown an early night mate
Anecdotally, the three worst clubs in my experience have always been Richmond, Essendon and Collingwood. It's never changed. I don't just mean pissed maggots, but the standing-room banter getting out of control with knuckle-draggers trying to pick fights and acting like complete arsehats. Yes, all clubs have their idiot element to varying degrees, but there's something about those 3 clubs here in Melbourne whose fans you can count on for making trouble. It's a different vibe. I dunno... More people, more idiots, more safety in numbers for said idiots.

I don't mean to tar all fans of those clubs with the same brush. The overwhelming majority of passionate fans aren't there to cause trouble and be a dickhead.

Maybe in addition to the larger size of the fanbase, there's also the added thing with these Big 4 blockbusters that they're big event games that attract dickheads who might only go to 1, 2 or 3 games a year. More tagalongs... Large groups of friends who barrack for either of the competing teams and have a big annual catchup and make a huge day & night of it.

That was my own personal experience in my younger days before I pulled the pin on going to the Big 4 clashes and stayed home to watch. Instead of catching up with one or two mates before the game for a quick pint or two, like a normal game, there just seemed to be bigger than usual groups of people in the pubs beforehand who were absolutely shitfaced and more of a "look out"/anything goes type of vibe inside the ground. Cοckheads throwing firecrackers, s**t like that.

Last edited:
Because incidents happen on occasion and they happened to happen at this game?

Perhaps on this particular day the wrong people met at the wrong time?

Do you think this is a problem with a club's supporter base as the problem? Do we even know they were supporters of either club or were they just attending the game because it's a marquee game?

You could mix any group of people with 100 different variables and have problems on occasion. It happens.

Do you think you have more feral bogan fans than say Melbourne or Fremantle?

It's not more than a game.
Fools.

Do you think you have more feral bogan fans than say Melbourne or Fremantle?
I have no idea, but what I'm saying is there is a certain % of the population that are idiots. Picking out one variable as "It's supporters of club A" as the problem variable is really naive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Edmund said on SEN this morning that this is the worst game every year for violence

I wouldn't know overall - only from what I see as I go to these games every year - but for mine the worst for drunkeness etc every year is Anzac Day. Always seems an inordinate amount of people blind drunk. Like they really use it as an event / day to get absolutely plastered.

I have no idea, but what I'm saying is there is a certain % of the population that are idiots. Picking out one variable as "It's supporters of club A" as the problem variable is really naive.

It is possible that a higher % of idiots support one team over another?

Like how bogans are drawn to certain types of dog breeds over others.

I was at the Dreamtime at Optus last year with my wife and daughters and there was no trouble at all that I saw, maybe its the fact that they sell mid strength only and only those in the members areas get to drink anything stronger, so many supporters in the outer pre load?

Maybe we could make the MCG Marijuana only, if our governments ever grow up and legalise weed, that should stop the violence?

50 idiots were ejected from the MCG during the game. Numerous brawls and anti-social behaviour. Pfft... Yep, another typical blockbuster Saturday night at the MCG from competing big 4 clubs. Well done, you feral dickheads among the Richmond and Essendon fans who can't hold your grog, can't hold your tempers and don't give a flying f*** about anyone else around you.

But this incident after the game... Jesus Christ!

One guy was taken to hospital with serious head injuries after being clubbed over the head with a didgeridoo during a wild melee in the carpark

Footy fans injured after being attacked with didgeridoo at MCG​

‘It was very bad, I thought he was going to die.’

^^^
Sickening footage... One of the worst things I have ever seen at the MCG precinct in Yarra Park. Literally cracked the guy's skull. It's attempted murder. I'd expect to see this sort of horrible s**t occurring in Eastern Europe from rival soccer gangs going to toe to toe. Never here. Words fail me.

Why has there been so little written or said about this? Normally I'd expect to see a 100 page thread on here. Did I miss the thread?

Nice footage of the staged pre-game dance routine by the Richmond boys. Maybe they don't want this horrific violence to detract from the night of nights? Or maybe it's because crowds are down and they don't want to scare more people away from going to the footy???

Just imagine the media outcry & headlines if this occurred after a Melbourne Victory match. Fan violence would be the lead story for a whole week, maybe two weeks. What does it say about the AFL and the media that this gets reported on in a perfunctory manner and quickly glossed over?

Does anyone here know what might've happened in the lead up?
Was it dickheads with too much alcohol in their system? Was it racial conflict? Or dumb teenagers going overboard?

Hopefully the police catch the psycho prick who did this and put him behind bars.

12d7b438302b95ad663e46792c320ada4e40a223.png

Throw his ass in jail piece of scum

tell the whole story.

This club singling out crap is garbage. half the blokes getting arrested in the footage are wearing tiger gear mate.

plenty of Richmond fans acting like complete w***ers too.
I said there was a lot. Where did i say all the evictions were all Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back