$87,450 to Liberal Party
$818 to Nationals
$3,000 to One Nation

Nine Network Australia
$85,000 to Liberal Party

Channel Nine Ltd
$34,495 to Liberal Party
$4,357 to Nationals
You dribble like this as if it’s an insult! Getting donations from groups such as Get Up is the real embarrassment.

You dribble like this as if it’s an insult! Getting donations from groups such as Get Up is the real embarrassment.
I'll laugh until I cry if the can help unseat Dutton. They did a bang up job on Andrew Nikolic last time round and Dutton wouldn't have considered moving seats if he didn't think it was a possibility.

I think it's worth revisiting the converage of the Barnaby Joyce affair. Imo all journalists should hang their heads in shame over that. The affair was an open secret, it was discussed on this board ffs, and yet it wasn't touched until after the bi election. When you look at those donations it's hard not to see why and this merger will do little to stop it happening again.

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Jesus Christ himself could walk up and punch Donald Trump in the face in front of the US Congress, and Channel 9 would still have it as the second story behind 'Shocking assault of 39-year old woman at Coolaroo Park!'

Do we really believe that this journalism culture will mix well with Fairfax's?

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
DjEJ9drU0AAuVRy.jpg

TV isn't dying.
Not any time soon but ad revenues are down and for the most part event viewing is now the property of streaming services. Sport is pretty much all they have these days, and as the codes develop their own streaming services to cut out the broadcasters it starts to look pretty grim.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Jesus Christ himself could walk up and punch Donald Trump in the face in front of the US Congress, and Channel 9 would still have it as the second story behind 'Shocking assault of 39-year old woman at Coolaroo Park!'

Do we really believe that this journalism culture will mix well with Fairfax's?

We don't call it " Nein " just because it looks good.
The Packers were no ALP fans

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Not any time soon but ad revenues are down and for the most part event viewing is now the property of streaming services. Sport is pretty much all they have these days, and as the codes develop their own streaming services to cut out the broadcasters it starts to look pretty grim.

Lol yes it is.

On demand streaming is phasing in.

We're a long way from 400 AFL and NRL games being exclusively streamed, not least of all because the Liberals sabotaged the NBN and Labor or the Greens will have to rebuild it at some point. Optus copped heaps of s**t for the World Cup and they didn't even have to produce the games.

TV isn't dying.
In rural and regional areas the ROI is roughly equivalent to the risk free rate of return in this country. They are absolutely under enormous pressure.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
The harsh reality for Fairfax is that it is on borrowed time, it needed to find an owner to take it over or it ran the risk of eventually folding.

It might have been different, if its management had made a few wiser decisions in the 1990s and 2000s.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
TV isn't dying.

T.V might not be, but the T.V networks as we know them are in serious trouble, the old model is broken, but then again its the industries own fault for not embracing change, its easier for them to complain about the ABC doing the vary thing they should have been doing, instead of paying its stars big dollars, they should have developed multi-media platforms that produced high quality content.

Companies like Google, Facebook, Youtube and Netflix are producing the content customers want, even the major international T.V networks are further advanced in embracing the modern world better than our media dinosaurs.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
TV is in a moment similar to music in the very late 90s/early 00s. The CD gravy train era was over but music and the record companies never went away.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
In rural and regional areas the ROI is roughly equivalent to the risk free rate of return in this country. They are absolutely under enormous pressure.

The regional networks will likely be bought by the metropolitan networks.

Back