Current Ninja Warrior uses social media to track her stolen Nissan Skyline & takes the thief down in a headlock

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thread starter Moderator #1
A former Ninja Warrior contestant has chased down a group of teens after an alleged car theft and carried out a dramatic citizen's arrest.
Loki Kuroi, a former army recruit who competed on season two of Australian Ninja Warrior, has called for tougher punishment for car thieves following the incident.
Kuroi said she was woken with a bang in the early hours of the morning, and saw her Nissan Skyline had been taken.

After reporting the alleged theft to police, Kuroi turned to social media for help tracking her missing car.
Tip-offs sent her on a pursuit through the suburbs of North Brisbane, and by afternoon she was led to a car park near bushland.
"These people were in my car, and I saw the damage to my car as well, and I just thought, they're not getting away with it,"
"So I got out and did something about it."

It took less than five minutes for police to arrive, releasing a 15-year-old teen from a headlock.
One teen was charged with assaulting a man at the scene, but not with stealing the vehicle.
"Without social media, my car would be a burnt-out vehicle in a bush somewhere," Kuroi said.

citizensarrest.png

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/01/01...r-vigilante-car-theft-alleged-citizens-arrest

Only a Ninja could have done that for anybody else it might have gone horribly wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melsy

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Its a contemporary conundrum. Women are getting tattoos - men are driving Hyundias'

Modern vehicles are not easy to hot-wire. Did the teens steal the car out of the house?

RU_

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I’m pretty involved in the car scene in Brisbane and there’s been numerous car thefts that have seen the person stolen from track their car down through social media. One of the searches actually ended with them finding the house it was being stored in and stripped out and the police were called to the house, they got their car back completely damaged and of course didn’t have insurance so it was a case of finding their car or having 10-15k go walkabouts.

Good on her though, saw the whole thing playing out on Facebook.

Melsy

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Lol if she had snapped his neck would be a different story tho
Its actually really hard to snap someones neck. Ironically i showed a release technique to a mate, a 5th dan Zen. While visiting army reserves, who was invited by another mate. he demonstrated by throw out of a sleeper hold. The Seargent then went and showed a SAS staffer.

The first time I tried getting out of the sleeper hold, I had blood coming out my mouth. The second time I put 5th dan in an air spiral. Lucky he knew how to land on hard beach sand. Arms out on his back. Without the space he probably would have bounced of a ceiling and spiraled through something like a window.

Maybe he went sleepy bys after she hugged him?

Last edited:

Melsy

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
I wonder if he ever showed Rod Stroud?

Anyways, the one time I visited, I get talking to this bloke hanging upside down. Hes a cop training at Bob Jones Corp. Not the only one either I presume.

Top Bottom