Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

So looking back at my stack of games, I don't have a long list of games I can consider "complete" (with discernible plots):

Xenoblade 2
Mighty Striker Gunvolt 1 + 2
Valkyria Chronicles 1 + 4
Pokemon Let's Go: Eevee
Pokemon Sword
Ace Attorney Trilogy

I need to get a move on...

imo it was a waste for Nintendo to make a Switch Lite. with Sony and MS consoled on the way they should of waited and make a new Switch that's up to snuff with Xbox Series X and PS5.

I remember playing BOTW for the first time after playing RDR2 and Witcher 3 on the Xbox One X. It looked really bad by comparison and it came across as almost last gen. Pair that with the awful OS and clunky voice chat. To be fair I only really played it on a monitor.

They dont have to compete just make the hardware good enough where it can run AAA 3rd party games.

it already runs "AAA third party games", DOOM, the Witcher, Elder Scrolls.. ? those games are a small market on Nintendo, most people will buy them on superior hardware. you are kind of behind the times anyway, the other 2 are desperately wondering how to get the Eastern/mobile/weeb markets as Nintendo are now dominating again. the big thing isn't getting the likes of Red Dead running on Nintendo anymore. those games come and go faster than a yoyo. they haven't been competing in that cinematic Hollywood game stratosphere since the early 2000's, they changed philosophies as a company almost two decades ago. it's too saturated anyway, with PC, Xbox, Playstation and now Stadia trying to muscle in, why would you want Nintendo being a 5th copy of the same kind of gaming?

it already runs "AAA third party games", DOOM, the Witcher, Elder Scrolls.. ? those games are a small market on Nintendo, most people will buy them on superior hardware. you are kind of behind the times anyway, the other 2 are desperately wondering how to get the Eastern/mobile/weeb markets as Nintendo are now dominating again. the big thing isn't getting the likes of Red Dead running on Nintendo anymore. those games come and go faster than a yoyo. they haven't been competing in that cinematic Hollywood game stratosphere since the early 2000's, they changed philosophies as a company almost two decades ago. it's too saturated anyway, with PC, Xbox, Playstation and now Stadia trying to muscle in, why would you want Nintendo being a 5th copy of the same kind of gaming?

idk the ability to play something like RDR 2 on the go would be pretty sweet.

The last Rockstar game on a Nintendo system I can think of is GTA Chinatown on the NDS. Dunno if they think Nintendo is worth bothering with.
I thought LA Noire was them testing the waters on the switch. They might’ve decided the water was too cold for them.

So by that logic it’s bad that you can get a game like The Witcher 3 on the Switch? I’m confused.

They may be exceptions that prove the rule, but games like The Witcher, Skyrim, Doom and GTA have come and gone like a yo-yo less than most Nintendo first party games over the years. All of them have made or would make the Switch a better console.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought LA Noire was them testing the waters on the switch. They might’ve decided the water was too cold for them.

So by that logic it’s bad that you can get a game like The Witcher 3 on the Switch? I’m confused.

They may be exceptions that prove the rule, but games like The Witcher, Skyrim and GTA have come and gone like a yo-yo less than most Nintendo first party games. All of them have or would make the Switch a better console.
Interesting. That's like SquareEnix porting the Valkyrie Profile..... wait I want those games.

They may be exceptions that prove the rule, but games like The Witcher, Skyrim, Doom and GTA have come and gone like a yo-yo less than most Nintendo first party games over the years. All of them have made or would make the Switch a better console.

i didn't say it's bad, it's just strange to me that people push Nintendo to be even more similar to the rest of the competition. the argument seems to simply be "it would be cool" to play a game you already own but "on the go".

i didn't say it's bad, it's just strange to me that people push Nintendo to be even more similar to the rest of the competition. the argument seems to simply be "it would be cool" to play a game you already own but "on the go".
There is logic to "on the go". When it comes to wanting games on a PS or XBox, that's just going from the home console you don't own to the home console you do own.

No one was suggesting that though. To want a powerful enough switch to play 3rd party AAA games in no way impacts on Nintendo being Nintendo.

And yes that is the argument. Imo it's a valid one and speaks to the success of the Switch and it's marketing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back