Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone connected a Pro controller to a PS4?

Ages ago I guy swapped me his Switch, 5 great games and a boxed Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Pro Controller for a 1TB PS4

That controller is worth $200 alone lel

Ages ago I guy swapped me his Switch, 5 great games and a boxed Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Pro Controller for a 1TB PS4

That controller is worth $200 alone lel
Bargain, he must really hate the Switch to be so willing to swap.

I'm gonna trade in my old model Switch for this version:

$300 is still cheaper than any special on a regular model.

I’m thinking about doing that for the super mario switch console. How do you go about backing up all the saved data and transferring it to the new switch?

Interesting

Someone paid $250 on ebay :tearsofjoy:

Interesting

They clearly have never used Google before.

That's a good deal with the controller isn't it

Interesting

Could just be the guy selling it shill bidding. Happens all the time on ebay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could just be the guy selling it shill bidding. Happens all the time on ebay.

You can't really do shill bidding on a 'buy it now' like this one, which makes me think it's legit

You can't really do shill bidding on a 'buy it now' like this one, which makes me think it's legit

Sure you can, list an item for sale with a buy it now, then buy it with a shill account, then re-list the item as your second copy with the same or higher BIN.

You can manipulate eBay auctions in a thousand ways.

Sure you can, list an item for sale with a buy it now, then buy it with a shill account, then re-list the item as your second copy with the same or higher BIN.

You can manipulate eBay auctions in a thousand ways.

That would work for certain auctions, but if you can buy the Xenoblade controller brand new outside eBay for $120 and the sale in question on eBay was $250, how does the seller benefit exactly?

That would work for certain auctions, but if you can buy the Xenoblade controller brand new outside eBay for $120 and the sale in question on eBay was $250, how does the seller benefit exactly?

Because people see the sold listing and don't check. Like yourself for instance, when you said the controller was worth $200. You would be shocked by how much price manipulation occurs on eBay. Particularly with video game resellers.

Last edited:
Because people see the sold listing and don't check. Like yourself for instance, when you said the controller was worth $200. You would be shocked if how much price manipulation occurs on eBay. Particularly with video game resellers.

People only see the sold listing (and price) if they specifically select 'show completed/show sold listings'. Otherwise, you just see the live listings which is the default setting.

Can you explain how your argument makes sense in this instance?

Last edited:
People only see the sold listing if they specifically select 'show completed/show sold listings'.

Can you explain how your argument makes sense in this instance?

I just did, with you as an example. People don't check around. They look at EB or whatever their normal store is and then they check eBay because they've heard if it and they haven't heard of Kogan.

Maybe they saw in a Facebook group or on a forum like this that you need to check sold listings. Here are some of the other ways you can manipulate the market with shill bids on BIN's.

Just remember that there are several kinds of BIN listings, some only have the BIN, others allow starting bids at a lower price and others allow multiple copies. Then there are the one's that allow offers.

Most manipulation is effective or targeted to people who are watching the item. As they generally receive either emails or push notifications on the listing. For instance, if the seller has multiple copies listed (the seller may only have one) then you will receive a notification from eBay saying something like 'Don't let this item get away, it's the last one!'. You also get that notification when they legitimately sell stock through the make an offer feature, which they can then turn off the for the last item.

Then they could actually only have one in stock on the listing and then 'buy it' themselves, that will send a notification to watchers stating 'You missed out' which can drive people to check the sold listings too. They can also then just immediately relist that item and ebay will send another notification about it being relisted.

Most people just aren't savvy or don't care and it only takes one. You yourself thought it was worth more than it was because you saw the sold listing but didn't Google it. There are dozens of ways to manipulate the prices on eBay.

I just did, with you as an example. People don't check around. They look at EB or whatever their normal store is and then they check eBay because they've heard if it and they haven't heard of Kogan.

Maybe they saw in a Facebook group or on a forum like this that you need to check sold listings. Here are some of the other ways you can manipulate the market with shill bids on BIN's.

Just remember that there are several kinds of BIN listings, some only have the BIN, others allow starting bids at a lower price and others allow multiple copies. Then there are the one's that allow offers.

Most manipulation is effective or targeted to people who are watching the item. As they generally receive either emails or push notifications on the listing. For instance, if the seller has multiple copies listed (the seller may only have one) then you will receive a notification from eBay saying something like 'Don't let this item get away, it's the last one!'. You also get that notification when they legitimately sell stock through the make an offer feature, which they can then turn off the for the last item.

Then they could actually only have one in stock on the listing and then 'buy it' themselves, that will send a notification to watchers stating 'You missed out' which can drive people to check the sold listings too. They can also then just immediately relist that item and ebay will send another notification about it being relisted.

Most people just aren't savvy or don't care and it only takes one. You yourself thought it was worth more than it was because you saw the sold listing but didn't Google it. There are dozens of ways to manipulate the prices on eBay.

I find it hard to believe people don't do a modicum of research/comparisons before dropping $250.

You don't even have to go outside ebay. There were other auctions there for $120-$140, why choose the exact same product but but $100 more than what the vast majority are going for?

And if your assertion about the item being ended for $250 artificially is correct , a couple clicks will tell you that that one is a huge outlier

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe people don't do a modicum of research/comparisons before dropping $250.

You don't even have to go outside ebay. There were other auctions there for $120-$140, why choose the exact same product but but $100 more than what the vast majority are going for?

And if your assertion about the item being ended for $250 artificially is correct , a couple clicks will tell you that that one is a huge outlier

Don't believe me then, it's fine. But again, you yourself were fooled by the price.

Don't believe me then, it's fine. But again, you yourself were fooled by the price.

It's not about not believing you. You make some good points. But you haven't really made a convincing argument as to why someone would willingly pay $250 when there's 10 other auctions at $120-$140 staring them in the face at the same time on the listings page. That's not how Keynesian economics works

It's not about not believing you. You make some good points. You haven't really made a convincing argument as to why someone would willingly pay $250 when there's 10 other auctions at $120-$140 staring them in the face at the same time on the listings page
Impatience, ignorance. Like why people only use Google when Bing is available; they don't take time to check all available options or they're too comfortable with what is quicker to use.

Impatience, ignorance. Like why people only use Google when Bing is available; they don't take time to check all available options or they're too comfortable with what is quicker to use.
But the effort required to peruse a couple more listings on the search page is so neglible it doesn't even register a reading

Remove this Banner Ad

Back