Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure in what universe spending almost $500 on a system just for one game is considered "worth it". More so when I can buy the same game on the Wii U.

Because the next Mario and Smash Bros and Pokemon etc will be on the Switch. Knowing Nintendo's history, all of them will be good and massive time sinks. The Wii U is dying out, it happens with all older consoles.

Consider it a form of future-proofing.

Because the next Mario and Smash Bros and Pokemon etc will be on the Switch. Knowing Nintendo's history, all of them will be good and massive time sinks. The Wii U is dying out, it happens with all older consoles.

Consider it a form of future-proofing.

So it makes more sense to wait.

Indies have been solid on the Switch. Sure some are on other consoles but handheld mode >>>> being tethered to the TV, means they've been Switch purchases.

By the end of the year i reckon the Switch will be a no brainer purchase with a nice mix of quality indie titles and Nintendo 1st party.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Unless you are into indie games and the concept of promoting good quality indie developers on a major console which is important as if not for that then we would only ever see major titles..

I do like indie games but the library is sparse. The Switch isn't unusual for this, though, I don't expect 10 games worthy of purchase immediately upon launch.

At the moment, however, there aren't many that demand a first day purchase.

Premiers04's prediction hopefully comes true, if other developers could exploit the Switch's portability it should result in a rich diverse library of games.

If you care about supporting indies PC is tbe way to go, easiest way to ensure they are getting most of the money. Switch indie lineup doesn't seem better than the console competition.

If you care about supporting indies PC is tbe way to go, easiest way to ensure they are getting most of the money. Switch indie lineup doesn't seem better than the console competition.

I don't think it is about the lineup being better. For some people the Vita became their indie machine of choice due to the portability (and lack of any first party output). The Switch essentially offers a successor to this along with Zelda, Mario, Splatoon, etc.

I wouldn't say it is a better line up, since Xbox/PS4 have 3 and half years worth of indie on their systems. But for newer releases I can see why Switch owners buy it for this providing the ports are sound.

why would you want your indies, the most pick-up-and-play little games most suited to handhelds, on your PC? the thing on your desk that you don't want to sit at for 5 hours after sitting at a desk from 9-5? that's how i feel anyway, PC's are for actual PC games, online, superior graphics, being able to use optimal PC + KB controls.

also https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/1/15...s-by-airplane-to-meet-red-hot-customer-demand - i wonder how this will be twisted into nintendo purposefully restricting supply lol

I've used the PC to try some indies for free and then proceeded to purchase them on Switch. So many s**t ones out there, i need to try before i buy.

Kamiko is a good little buy for $6.50, Switch exclusive. Finished it this morning whilst waiting for Nintendo to update the eshop so I can grab Tumbleseed.

Nintendo are handling the release dates really well and giving games time to shine. This also means i have no backlog to deal with.

They are excellent but I find it annoying that they've switched A+B and X+Y around.

I find myself pushing the wrong buttons when I'm playing X1 after Switch.

I only play Switch and PS4 so the letters don't bother me.

I was only holding off because i wanted one in a different colour (I wanted a neon red or blue one)

But with Mario kart out now I had to choose function over fashion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nintendo are handling the release dates really well and giving games time to shine. This also means i have no backlog to deal with.
Lol.

I've had a steady stream of quality games for the systems first 2 months spaced out just enough that i can playthrough and appreciate each one before moving on to the next.

I find that a luxury rather than being overwhelmed with a tonne of games i want to play in 1 big hit.

Wasn't spin at all, i dont have time for all these 50+ hour games on PS4. These quality indie releases week by week have been a nice distraction until I'm ready to chose from the 6 or so PS4 games i want to devote all my gaming time into.

Say something positive about the Switch and it rustles your jimmies big time.

Say something positive about the Switch and it rustles your jimmies big time.

Yeah nah, trying to turn a blatant negative of the Switch into some kind of strategic move by Nintendo does though :oops:

And even these quality indies you speak of are being released at a better clip on the competition.

No problem with criticizing the Switch of which there are many perfectly valid flaws, but going to same well with no real anecdotes or experiencing, save gentle banter can get a bit tiresome to read.

Pants is giving feedback on his experience, that serves a purpose to those who are contemplating purchasing now or holding off until issues are resolved or the library expands with a better selection. Reading 'apparently this' or 'apparently that' serves no purpose, at least try and link to an article you may have read it from.

Pants is giving feedback on his experience, that serves a purpose to those who are contemplating purchasing now or holding off until issues are resolved or the library expands with a better selection. Reading 'apparently this' or 'apparently that' serves no purpose, at least try and link to an article you may have read it from.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/lego_city_undercover

+general comments on forums about the port being poor.

Wasn't even criticising the Switch FYI...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back