Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Been playing it on PS4 and it's a lot of fun.

You're right about the shooting being hard to guage, I don't mind it though will just take some practice, I score most of my points from dunks anyway.
I'm the opposite, got the shooting down but for the life of me can't figure out the timing on dunks.

Also got s**t starter packs, got two good players who I use.

Walt Frazier and Mitch Richmond.

Menu music is catchy as f***.

I'm the opposite, got the shooting down but for the life of me can't figure out the timing on dunks.

Also got s**t starter packs, got two good players who I use.

Walt Frazier and Mitch Richmond.

Menu music is catchy as f***.
I just make sure my stamina's in the yellow and than unleash a dunk, get it nearly every time. Need to work on my alley oops.

Best players I got at the start were epic Kawhi Leonard and epic Larry Johnson. Have gotten some other good ones since including legend Nowitzki but just been using Leonard and Johnson until they level up to gold.

It took me a few hours to get NBA Playgrounds, but it does get better and better, i suppose not instantly hitting a shot like in Jam gives it more of a challenge based approach to gameplay, whilst there is still some random approach to scoring, overall the game is pretty fun and the fact you can do crazy cross-over plays and gain momentum traction in scoring is nice...

it's a fun game..

someone posted tips and hints on reddit for the game :)

https://www.primagames.com/games/nb...ds-tips-perfect-shots-lottery-picks-power-ups

Last edited:
Minecraft is out on the eshop this Friday as is the retail copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Already got Tetris paid off, considering Minecraft, only if it allows touch screen controls in handheld mode.

Minecraft is a cool addition...

I think what would be nice is some new stuff though...

Like a new Resident Evil or a new Big title before Mario Odyssey....

The Switch has sold huge numbers to this day, so you'd hope the bigger titles get some momentum soon.

They'd be silly not to release virtual console...

Minecraft is a cool addition...

I think what would be nice is some new stuff though...

Like a new Resident Evil or a new Big title before Mario Odyssey....

The Switch has sold huge numbers to this day, so you'd hope the bigger titles get some momentum soon.

They'd be silly not to release virtual console...
Pray for E3, I think we'll be getting quite a few more then.

Didn't someone from EA say just a few days ago that they're feeling "bullish" about the Switch? It's selling too well right now for third party developers to ignore.

Who knows exactly what games they'll be, but I feel if we get Battlefront 2 on Switch then I think the floodgates will open.

Quietly holding out hope we'll get an announcement that Rockstar is getting on board. I don't have any hope for RDR2, but I'd take most of their back catalog happily.

For those publishers that were waiting to see how well the Switch sold before supporting it you'll probably have to wait for their games.

They have probably greenlit a bunch of ports of easier to develop stuff in order to get some games on the thing. But even then it takes time to get them ready.

Is there any sales data on stuff that isn't MK8/Zelda? I'm interested in how third parties and indies are doing on the platform. Since there is a lot of goodwill from consumers and media for the product.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pray for E3, I think we'll be getting quite a few more then.

Didn't someone from EA say just a few days ago that they're feeling "bullish" about the Switch? It's selling too well right now for third party developers to ignore.

Who knows exactly what games they'll be, but I feel if we get Battlefront 2 on Switch then I think the floodgates will open.

Quietly holding out hope we'll get an announcement that Rockstar is getting on board. I don't have any hope for RDR2, but I'd take most of their back catalog happily.

Yeah I'd be surprised if the Switch didn't have Battlefront 2 now after EA's comments earlier in the week. Even though I wouldn't get it personally, it'd be a great thing for the system. If EA, Bethesda and Rockstar get properly on board, the rest have to come imo.

EA is talking s**t. They didnt even bother to port their frostbite engine to the Switch which means FIFA is going to be some custom version, more likely an up-res of one of the old PS3/360 builds. No chance anything good comes from this at all, I'd be in for a portable Dead Space Trilogy though.

I'm more interested in Ubisofts stance on it. Take my money for Switch versions of the South Park games please Ubi, please. Whilst Rayman Legends is a lazy way to show support I'm also hoping it's to push the case for another 2d Rayman game.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

EA is talking s**t. They didnt even bother to port their frostbite engine to the Switch which means FIFA is going to be some custom version, more likely an up-res of one of the old PS3/360 builds. No chance anything good comes from this at all, I'd be in for a portable Dead Space Trilogy though.

I'm more interested in Ubisofts stance on it. Take my money for Switch versions of the South Park games please Ubi, please. Whilst Rayman Legends is a lazy way to show support I'm also hoping it's to push the case for another 2d Rayman game.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Personally, I think the massive difference between what EA are saying now and what they were saying in the first year after the Wii U's launch is enough reason to be optimistic. They were upfront about dropping the Wii U, don't see why it'd be any different now.

Ubisoft, given their past, were always going to be one of the strongest supporters of the Switch. Hopefully that means South Park (amongst others)!

Ubisoft, given their past, were always going to be one of the strongest supporters of the Switch. Hopefully that means South Park (amongst others)!

Not sure about that. Ubisoft got burned badly by the Wiiu.

Every mature title they brought to the platform bombed and now they're under hostile takeover by another company which may turn them into another EA.

ie: AAA for ps4/x1 and rabbids for switch.

Not sure about that. Ubisoft got burned badly by the Wiiu.

Every mature title they brought to the platform bombed and now they're under hostile takeover by another company which may turn them into another EA.

ie: AAA for ps4/x1 and rabbids for switch.
Maybe. I'm going off the fact that they supported the Wii U a lot better than pretty much every other third party and their comments pre Switch launch were vastly more positive and promising than their competition.

Never said they were supporting the Switch more than the other consoles, just that they were going to be more willing to support the Switch than other companies.

Haven't read anything about the takeover. Hopefully they don't become EA 2.0.

It's good but is there a guaranteed way to score in this game..

Only played one game, so still need to get a handle on the controls for stuff like alleys etc, but shooting and dunking seemed fine to me?

Only played one game, so still need to get a handle on the controls for stuff like alleys etc, but shooting and dunking seemed fine to me?

I noticed the intro screen says press Zr + y to dunk but the players seem to only dunk 25-40% of the time while doing it and only if you get into the right position, controls still seem a bit to random or AI controlled..there is potential..

again, perfect game if they can fix some of those gameplay issues....

i love the idea of the card packs and so on..

really looking forward to play as Penny Hardaway and Dominique, ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back