Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Played a couple of hours now. No joy con connection issues so far. Played both on the tv and handheld and while you can tell there is a difference it dosent seem game breaking to me. The joycons in the grip are also better to use than i thought.

Enjoying it so far, the switch definatley has massive potential. I know it was said when the wii u came out but a pokemon game would bring out the best in the system

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

. I'm even willing to discount the the bland textures as an art direction even though I'm pretty sure it's not.

Perfect example of a fanboy. "this is an issue but I'll pretend it's not so it's ok."

Probably a stupid question but has anyone tried snipperclips yet? I wish there was a bomberman demo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I bought it to play with the girlfriend (can't expect her to have to watch me play Zelda the whole time!).
Pretty fun for a simple concept, would only recommend it if you have a friend, kid or partner who might often want to have a game with you.

Wow, you really cherry picked the bit that suits your own argument didn't you? :rolleyes:
It's the only point I needed to make. An obvios flaw but you try to put spin on it. Call a spade a spade ffs

Snipperclips is the sleeper hit of the Switch for sure. Played through 10 levels late last night with the wife, tried both joy-cons and didn't have any issues with the size or that right joy-con stick placement. We came up with some new ways of completing the levels that had been shown off prior to it's release, looking forward to playing through it all again with my 7 year old and seeing how she approaches them. Well worth the $30 if you have someone to play it with, there is a solo mode but i cant see that holding the fun for too long.

Bomberman is, well, Bomberman. Played 10 levels of the story and a couple of battle rounds against the CPU. Had 1 online game, a 1 on 1 vs some bloke in Japan, felt like a fair bit of input lag but still managed to win 2-0. You earn credits in game that can be used towards continues in story mode and buying levels and clothing for battle mode. Is it a $75 retail game or even a $65 game on the eshop? nope, but it's fun enough that I won't let the price phase me. I've purchased far worse for more *cough* No Mans Sky.

Put some more time into Zelda on the big screen. Didn't encounter any frame rate issues, or any that really stood out like they did initially in the Great Plateau area. Still hope Nintendo patch the performance issues for those that are genuinely bothered by it.

I've only had a few isolated framerate issues (mainly confined to the initial area) and have played in both modes for about eight hours or so. There's been nothing that comes close to impacting on enjoyment of the game, which is at extreme levels.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I've had the switch for 24 hours now. Console amazing, Zelda breathtaking, bomberman fun, 1 2 switch meh (tbf i've only played ping pong by myself lol).
Is bomberman like the one on 64?

Bomberman is, well, Bomberman. Played 10 levels of the story and a couple of battle rounds against the CPU. Had 1 online game, a 1 on 1 vs some bloke in Japan, felt like a fair bit of input lag but still managed to win 2-0. You earn credits in game that can be used towards continues in story mode and buying levels and clothing for battle mode.
Any similarities to Bomberman 64? Used to love that game as a kid, except when you had to mash the start button to unlock secret levels.

64 game was great, heaps of multiplayer fun.

The 64 multiplayer is so ridiculously under appreciated. Pump up those big bombs so they squish stun when you chuck them at someone. Adventure mode was decent too, but the Switch has gone back to the standard puzzle solving arena mode of the older games rather than platformer type adventure.

Given you can have up to 8 players it will get pretty hectic, but it's definitely overpriced. I'll either be sourcing it from the UK or just waiting for it to drop.

Any similarities to Bomberman 64? Used to love that game as a kid, except when you had to mash the start button to unlock secret levels.

Feels more like the classic Bomberman games. The Live arcade one that came out on 360 is probably a similar comparison.

Would the frame rate issues on Zelda be a deal breaker for someone like me who would play the Switch on docked mode 80% of the time (if/when I buy a switch)?

I wouldn't think so. They're really not frequent at all in my experience.

Look at the reviews - it wouldn't be getting so many perfect scores if there were massive game-ruining flaws.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back