Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Firmware update 5.0.0 now available.

Added the following system functionality

• Facebook and Twitter friends that also use Nintendo Switch can now be added through Friend Suggestions
    • Friend suggestions are based on the Facebook and Twitter accounts you have linked to your Nintendo Account
    • To view your friend suggestions, from the top left of the HOME Menu head to your User Page > Friend Suggestions
    • You must be 13 or older to use this feature
  • Select from 24 new ARMS and the Kirby series icons for your user
    • To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
  • Digital software purchases made from a PC or smart device will start downloading sooner than previously, even if the Nintendo Switch console is in Sleep Mode
  • Filter News to view only unread news or news from specific channels
  • To keep the Parental Controls PIN private, the default method for PIN entry has been changed to entering using the Control Stick and buttons instead of the on-screen number pad
    • When prompted to enter you Parental Controls PIN, press and hold the + Button to change between input methods
  • Captured videos in the Album will be restricted by Parental Controls depending on the Restricted Software setting and Software Rating Organization
  • Using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app, add specific software titles to your whitelist to exclude them from the console’s Parental Controls Restricted Software setting
    • Play-Time Limit restrictions will still apply even when the software title has been whitelisted.
  • Receive notification when pre-purchased software is ready to play
  • Nintendo Switch Pro Controller grip colors will now display in the Controllers menu
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience, including:

• Resolved an issue that caused Play Activity to display incorrectly in the Profile section of your User Page

Hi everyone I just bought a nintendo switch, it's my first BRAND NEW gaming console since the Atari 2600 and my first console since the PS2 I found in an op shop :D

What good 2 player couch games are there? I have MARIO KART which is ace and BOMBERMAN which sucks.

Cheers, Toump Ass.

Hi everyone I just bought a nintendo switch, it's my first BRAND NEW gaming console since the Atari 2600 and my first console since the PS2 I found in an op shop :D

What good 2 player couch games are there? I have MARIO KART which is ace and BOMBERMAN which sucks.

Cheers, Toump Ass.

Sniper Clips
Splatoon 2
Puyo Puyo Tetris

Got some travel time coming up so looking for a couple of games for my switch. I have finished BOTW and odyssey and picked up Rabbids today. Any suggestions?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (offline still has cups, time trials, battle and vs mode where you can change rules)

Bayonetta 2 (retail comes with a code for 1) is another. Around 10-15 hours on each depending.

Fire Emblem warriors has a LOT of content but you must like the type of game, its grindy.

You have pretty much nailed the main group. Splatoon doesn't have much for travel and I doubt arms does either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long before we get the metroid prime trilogy on Switch. Surely will be ported before Metroid Prime 4.

Last night cleaning out my theatre I had a look at the Wii U games and realised all that I have will be ported to switch bar Mario 3D world probably. Really thinking about trading all the games + console in. I just don’t know if i’ll ever need to run it again.

Played Mario kart 8 for the first time. Finished 6th in my first online race, was just glad not to be last. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back