Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know some people don't like it but Nintendo never show games that are coming out too far into the future like the other companies do and they always focus their directs on one or two first party games.

The Metroid, Animal Crossing, Yoshi etc. stuff will come in future directs which they do fairly regularly.

So ps4 Fornite users cant link their profile on the Switch version of the game if you want to play the Switch version you have to make a new account.

I don't play Fornite but that's bs why are Sony so against online cross play?

Yeah not cool by Sony.
They are actually getting some bad pr over this.

Dfgf22lVAAANUO1.jpg

I know some people don't like it but Nintendo never show games that are coming out too far into the future like the other companies do and they always focus their directs on one or two first party games.

The Metroid, Animal Crossing, Yoshi etc. stuff will come in future directs which they do fairly regularly.
For comparison, the following were announced/ shown last year at E3 and 3 have not come out yet with Kirby only coming out earlier this year.

1. Kirby
2. Pokemon RPG
3. Metroid 4
4. Yoshi

It's a bit of a myth that they only show off games coming out soon. I agree that they always concentrate on one or two games but no updates at all on Yoshi, Metroid and Bayonetta 3, coupled with a lack of third party support makes it disappointing (unless you're seriously over the moon for Smash which is fair enough).

People sleeping on Hollow Knight being available today? One of my favourite E3 announcements.

Smash being the focus was going to make it hard to put anything else big in there at the risk of being overshadowed. Yoshi the only one you could throw in with it and sort of mind boggling it wasn't featured. Super Mario Party was a nice surprise considering the 3DS one is still fairly new and being able to play over multiple screens looked interesting.

The Metroids, Animal Crossings, New Retro IP (if it is Star Fox Racing) etc, will deservedly get their own focus on the many Directs Nintendo have per year.

People really expected Nintendo to show everything and then have to repeatedly show the same stuff at Gamescom, 2018 Directs, VGA's, the next 2 years E3s? Nah that's Sony's territory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best part of Nintendo's show for mine. Pleasantly surprised with the price too, was expecting around double knowing Switch pricing.
With all DLCs too. I was ready to cough up $30 at least. Absolute steal at $17.50.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Looks the best smash yet.
However I haven't played a smash since Melee on Gamecube.

That’s about when I got tired of smash and it’s just lost all appeal so now I see this new one come and everyone s**t themselves over it and i just don’t get it these days lol.

So any must haves accessories/games wise. I'll buy a pro controller eventually but going to grab a screen protector today. I have Rocket League, Pokemon Quest and Mario Odyssey. As someone who has never played past the first hour of a Zelda game is BotW worth it? Also plan to purchase golf story eventually.

So any must haves accessories/games wise. I'll buy a pro controller eventually but going to grab a screen protector today. I have Rocket League, Pokemon Quest and Mario Odyssey. As someone who has never played past the first hour of a Zelda game is BotW worth it? Also plan to purchase golf story eventually.
Zelda is definitely worth it imo and on sale on the eshop atm.

Golf story is a must have.

Stardew Valley on the switch is the best way to play it if you like that genre.

Fallout Shelter and Pinball FX3 are free and good, although FS plays better on phones imo.

DK:Tropical Freeze is one of the best 2D platformers out there.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is another one I'd look at.

That's where I'd start.

If you're mainly going to be playing in docked mode I think a pro controller is a must, one of the best controllers around as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back