Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Never played Animal Crossing because I presumed it was a 5 year olds game but the hype on Twitter is crazy.
I've only played New Leaf on the 3DS, but it was a cute but fun little game. Just pick it up for an hour or so a day do all your s**t and off you go again.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I have done research on Animal Crossing in the past 5 minutes, and most are saying, it's super relaxing, good if you have anxiety, it's in real-time, sort of like sims, a cool town factor about it, etc..a great escape from the world.

Aug 7, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm thinking a more city/town version of Stardew Valley with more interactions. It does seem cartoonish, but i'm guessing it's actually a good game in some way.
Mechanics are different from Stardew Valley but it’s got a similar feel to it. It’s very much a game you pick up, do your stuff and come back tomorrow as stuff is very real time dependent.

Pretty good direct overall. Liked the Cities Skylines announcement although I’ll give it a skip on the switch- mods make that game something else altogether.

Jun 23, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
La Lakers
A little disappointed that Final Fantasy 8 isn’t getting ported to the Switch. I got the PC Version at least but would have been nice to play it on the go.

Dec 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Ham United
Daemon X Machina looks more and more interesting every time they show more.

Hoping Luigi’s Mansion is more like the original than the sequel.

Big year for Final Fantasy games on Switch next year with 7, 9, 10 and 12.

Also reading that the new Assassin’s Creed will be on Switch but is cloud based.

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Really not sure why they’re pushing the phone app... It’s a fn awful idea.

Is anyone actually pumped to play any NES games? I’d be a bit excited if it were SNES games but NES games have aged terribly.

There’s my positive post for the day :)

Pretty pumped to play FFX on Switch though.

Last edited:

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus

Is anyone actually pumped to play any NES games? I’d be a bit excited if it were SNES games but NES games have aged terribly.

If I wanted to play NES games I would have bought the mini NES thing

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
For what you pay the online is pretty shite you shouldn't have to pay for friggin could saves and to top it off not all games will support it also out of those 20 Nes games there is probably about 3-4 that are worth playing.

And the phone app to do voice chat is one of the most stuipdest ideas ever how hard would have been for Nintendo to have voice chat built in the Switch os.

Last edited:
FFX on switch?

upload_2018-9-15_19-55-57.jpeg

Yes

The NES Mini isn't portable :p so to be able to play classic NES (and hopefully SNES games in the future) hand held style - sign me up asap

May 26, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I just got an email about the Online Service...
Screenshot_20180918-203544_Gmail.jpg

When tf did this happen? I've been hearing $20US for the past year and a half, now it's $55AU?

Edit: having followed the link just now, they've made in error in listing an individual membership at the family price in the original email.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Ham United
I just got an email about the Online Service...
View attachment 560428

When tf did this happen? I've been hearing $20US for the past year and a half, now it's $55AU?

Edit: having followed the link just now, they've made in error in listing an individual membership at the family price in the original email.
I thought the same initially and than went into the email and saw that the $55 is for family, $29.95 for individual.

Back