Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d love to know the reason that the AAA third parties haven’t fully embraced the Switch (other than Ubisoft and Bethesda). Nintendo have burnt a lot of bridges over the past 30 years but the sales figures are healthy and there should be a buck in it for them.

On a separate note, what do people think we’re getting as the big Q4 game next year? Mario Odyssey last year and Smash this year leaves some pretty big shoes to fill. Obviously we’ll get the annual Pokemon title but with Zelda and Mario Kart a little too fresh, it limits what it could be. Metroid 4 maybe? Mario Maker 2?

And whats 128gb like for the switch? how big are the game files?

The games aren’t installed like other consoles and are played off the cartridge. The 32gb internal storage is probably enough for saves and if you were going entirely physical but I just wanted an SD card for when I start to find stuff on the store. The way I determined that a 128gb should be ok for me is Breath of the Wild is 13gb if I were to download it and that’s a pretty meaty game.

Just a mention, But I'm finding that Mario Maker on the Wii U is in it's glory years. All the scrubs are gone and have left us with people making great levels (despite the odd bad one). 100 Mario runs have never been this good.

I haven't played it, but I enjoy watching Ryukahr's channel on YouTube - he posts loads of MM Super Expert runs on there.

Just a mention, But I'm finding that Mario Maker on the Wii U is in it's glory years. All the scrubs are gone and have left us with people making great levels (despite the odd bad one). 100 Mario runs have never been this good.
I loved super Mario maker, felt like a never ending Mario game! Would buy another in a heartbeat.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I haven't played it, but I enjoy watching Ryukahr's channel on YouTube - he posts loads of MM Super Expert runs on there.

I watch a lot of MM Youtubers. Ryukahr, Barbarian, thedragonfeeney and grandpoobear being some of my favourites.

I grab the level codes from their videos and beat the levels myself. Before Mario Maker I was just an ordinary player. Now I think a level is too easy if i don't have to shell jump or stand on a falling pow block/spring haha.

I loved super Mario maker, felt like a never ending Mario game! Would buy another in a heartbeat.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can't wait for Mario Maker 2.

I'm amazed nothing has been mentioned yet.

I kind of regret not buying one in the Prime sales on Friday. They still had the Neons in stock when I looked but I thought I might find a bundle.

I might just try and get a second hand bundle with some games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I only the only one who thought Mario Maker was a shallow cash grab and that some flash games had more depth than it?

I struggle to stay interested in Warframe after about 20 hours. I prefer Diablo for that sort of grindy thing.

Been getting through BotW but I have to admit it has been a struggle. I don’t know if I just hyped it up too much for myself and is ultimately the reason I wanted a Switch, or if the last time I really played a Zelda game was Link to the Past (never owned a SNES but played it heaps in high school late 90s on an emulator) and it’s just really not for me. I have one Divine Beast down, just over half the towers and a heap of shrines, when is the penny going to finally drop? When am I going to start finding more weapons around 50 (or higher if they do?) and a little bit more durability. It just feels like I’m constantly pushing s**t uphill and the attrition is really sapping the fun.

Can’t wait to dive into Octopath Traveller when I finally get through this though. Looking at that game and the reviews are another reason I bought a Switch as I miss all of those older style RPG and adventure/dungeon crawler sorts of games.

Also never really enjoyed Zelda. Played about 20 hours and put it down for 6 months and only just recently picked it back up. Managed to get through it but it never hit the highs for me it did for others.

Also never really enjoyed Zelda. Played about 20 hours and put it down for 6 months and only just recently picked it back up. Managed to get through it but it never hit the highs for me it did for others.

Good that it’s just not me then, I thought something was wrong with me lol. I put in another 10 or so hours over the weekend and it’s still not clicking so last night I decided to do the same as you and take a break from it.

This thing needs more 'adult' games. It's not the DS and it's not super cheap. It's great for Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, but for something pretty expensive you should be able to cater to a wide audience. It's a cool device. Feels great in general, it's just fun to use. But the games are lagging.

I mean primarily it seems Nintendo are just licensing out their characters and franchises for other developers. It's not a bad idea, but the few developers willing to do something with it are using it for Nintendo's games... which are mostly bright role players and party games. That's cool but c'mon.

Ubisoft are getting into it, I'd love to see them bring some classic names over: Rainbow Six would work really well with two player (Rogue Spear please – loved the quietness and the snow, the sunsets in that game... needs a remake), people are talking about Splinter Cell which would be interesting.

And yeah insane there's no Rockstar presence on this thing. Obviously Red Dead Redemption's taken up their interest but there's a game on iphone even. How hard is it to sell Bully, Vice City as a downloadable game? Or preferably release a Ballad Of Gay Tony/Chinatown Wars-type thing for it. The PSP always got them.

I never played too so I might cop that

This thing needs more 'adult' games. It's not the DS and it's not super cheap. It's great for Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, but for something pretty expensive you should be able to cater to a wide audience. It's a cool device. Feels great in general, it's just fun to use. But the games are lagging.

I mean primarily it seems Nintendo are just licensing out their characters and franchises for other developers. It's not a bad idea, but the few developers willing to do something with it are using it for Nintendo's games... which are mostly bright role players and party games. That's cool but c'mon.

Ubisoft are getting into it, I'd love to see them bring some classic names over: Rainbow Six would work really well with two player (Rogue Spear please – loved the quietness and the snow, the sunsets in that game... needs a remake), people are talking about Splinter Cell which would be interesting.

And yeah insane there's no Rockstar presence on this thing. Obviously Red Dead Redemption's taken up their interest but there's a game on iphone even. How hard is it to sell Bully, Vice City as a downloadable game? Or preferably release a Ballad Of Gay Tony/Chinatown Wars-type thing for it. The PSP always got them.

Yeah, it's been disappointing this year. They need a big year next year.

Am I only the only one who thought Mario Maker was a shallow cash grab and that some flash games had more depth than it?

umm probably. it's called Mario Maker the idea is to give people ultimate creative freedom to create whatever Mario level they desire hence the name Mario Maker

umm probably. it's called Mario Maker the idea is to give people ultimate creative freedom to create whatever Mario level they desire hence the name Mario Maker
If that’s the idea they didn’t do a very good job at that, there’s plenty of features missing if that was the aim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back