Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

As someone who never played Donkey Kong games growing up, is there a Donkey Kong game on Switch that's the equivalent of Donkey Kong 64?
No. But I highly recommend tropical freeze.

As someone who never played Donkey Kong games growing up, is there a Donkey Kong game on Switch that's the equivalent of Donkey Kong 64?
I don’t think there’s been a Donkey Kong game like that since.

Can I have your copy?
I have never played it :D

Waiting for the price to go down. Purely basing my recommendation off of Wii and seeing videos/reviews. Its on my list to get when the price goes down.

The game cops a bad wrap imo I finished game and really enjoyed it.

Unless you are a Zelda fan the use motion controlls whould have made people avoid the game imo if they do they need to scrap them.
Just saying it's my least favourite 3D Zelda doesn't mean i think it's a bad game. It's good but just too linear and repetitive in comparison to the others imo. There was a feeling of emptiness at times and felt like i was just doing 'levels' rather than going through a connected world. Fi was horrible as well and that I hated the wiimote didn't help either. Skyloft was fantastic and the temples were good though.

Don't know how they can scrap the motion controls tbh because the game is built around them. It'd feel like an entirely different game and would require a lot of work to get right.

Just saying it's my least favourite 3D Zelda doesn't mean i think it's a bad game. It's good but just too linear and repetitive in comparison to the others imo. There was a feeling of emptiness at times and felt like i was just doing 'levels' rather than going through a connected world. Fi was horrible as well and that I hated the wiimote so didn't help either. Skyloft was fantastic and the temples were good though.

Don't know how they can scrap the motion controls tbh because the game is built around them. It'd feel like an entirely different game and would require a lot of work to get right.

Yeah the dungeons were good was disapointed that BOTW didn't have any proper ones.

Yeah the dungeons were good was disapointed that BOTW didn't have any proper ones.
By far and away and without a shadow of a doubt the worst thing about BOTW.

My ideal game would be TP/ SS temples + MM npc schedules + BOTW everything else. Don't see why the first and the last can't co-exist in the next mainline game.

By far and away and without a shadow of a doubt the worst thing about BOTW.

My ideal game would be TP/ SS temples + MM npc schedules + BOTW everything else. Don't see why the first and the last can't co-exist in the next mainline game.

Also wasn't a fan of finding the photo locations to trigger the cut scenes. would have been way better if the cut scenes happend as you progressed through the story

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also wasn't a fan of finding the photo locations to trigger the cut scenes. would have been way better if the cut scenes happend as you progressed through the story
Nah I like how they did it because it gives you insentive to explore. The issue with what you want is that progress isn’t set for everyone since you go about the game at your own pace.

Nah I like how they did it because it gives you insentive to explore. The issue with what you want is that progress isn’t set for everyone since you go about the game at your own pace.

True.

I found most of the locations but there were a few that had me stumped that i just ended up using a guide lols

Yeah playing through it now, very fun but can get pretty frustrating too!

Can be a little frustrating however I'm bit over Nintendo games being easy for the sake of the kids. I have been meaning to get back into Kong and collect all the collectables.

Horizon Chase Turbo is a really fun arcade racer. Been compared to Outrun and Top Gear. Very addictive game. Anyone else playing it? Been getting lots of praise on YouTube, Reddit etc. Fully deserved I gotta say. Has over 100 tracks including Australia, Iceland, South Africa and so on.

DKC Tropical Freeze is amazing, one of the finest platformers ever. I love how varied the majority of the levels are, lots of unique levels with different gameplay aspects. Its real enough without getting too gimmicky and over the top like DKC3.

Seriously underrated, so glad it was ported to the Switch where its getting a lot more recognition.

My second favourite in the franchise after DKC2: Diddy's Kong Quest on SNES.

Fingers crossed Retro is doing something DKC related!

Yeah Donkey Kong is great. Fun, but very very *in frustrating and I usually get within a half-second of wanting to snap the whole *in Switch in half.

But yeah it’s engaging and the level design is really nice with plenty of variance - regular jumping, but swimming, carting, climbing. I like the addition of Funky Kong too. It’s like a default ‘let’s make this a bit easier’ setting. The controls are responsive as well which helps. So many platformers, especially on new-ish devices, are too late or finicky.

But yeah pretty good game, seems an essential because it’s such a classic title and it’s done well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back