Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
I have an idea for everyone here, name your random game announcement for tomorrow which likely won’t happen but you want to see anyway

Mine is Diddy Kong Racing 2 made by Playtonic games as a Switch exclusive. Might not even be called that but I think a spiritual successor to DKR is in the works from Playtonic.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Nintendo could not give less of a care about E3. They dropped Animal Crossing, Smash, BOTW2 in directs didn’t they? Not saying they won’t have any announcements for E3, but they have always had a surprise.

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m cautiously optimistic, the last few directs Nintendo have more or less come out beforehand and said not to get too hyped. 50 minutes is a long presentation, even if they do 10 minutes of smash!

It’s hard to predict but I think we will get something good, Zelda 35th anniversary in a week so you would think we will hear about that. I’d expect anything Pokémon to be in a separate direct on Pokémon day next week.

Nintendo have shown they don’t need a lot of lead up to a big title (paper Mario, Pikmin etc.) so there’s no reason why we can’t get a big game before June 30.

Fingers crossed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No Diamond/Pearl remake
3x

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That was the worst Direct since E3 2015. Take out Splatoon 3 which isn't even in 2021, Skyward Sword which has been upscaled barely and this IS the worst direct.

Aug 7, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Haha should've listened to you all who said to have low expectations. 50 minutes of mostly nonsense.

Mario Golf looks good and Skyward Sword is fine. Other than that hard to get overly excited about anything there. Agree re Splatoon 3 - needs to be a game for the next console.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Haha should've listened to you all who said to have low expectations. 50 minutes of mostly nonsense.

Mario Golf looks good and Skyward Sword is fine. Other than that hard to get overly excited about anything there. Agree re Splatoon 3 - needs to be a game for the next console.
Speaking of low expectations:
Disclaimer: I have a narrow taste in games.

I forgot how utterly unsuitable Rex's voice is but it *sounds* like the XC2 guys were finally given a voice director because the way they talk is smoother. Nothing news for me but it's neat.

Don't care about Fall Guys.

I'll wait to see if they take the piss out of the Switch hardware before caring about Outer Wilds.

Not interested in visual novels.

I've been playing Hyrule/Fire Emblem Warriors for the last 12 months so Samurai should be up my alley.

Never played Legend of Mana so might check it out.

MH, already preordered. First bit of expected and redundant news.

Mario Golf huh... I remember playing the N64 version and I was so bad at it.

Tales from Borderlands pass. Capcom Arcade, pass. Stubbs, meh. Travis Touchdown, pass. No More Heroes 3, pass. Neon White, looks good but not my thing. DC Super Hero Girls, what even is this? Plants vs Zombies, pass. Miitopia, oh lord. AC stuff, currently not playing it.

Triangle Strategy, now that's some good stuff.

Star Wars Hunters, pass. Knockout City Trailer was great but my internet doesn't let me play online (edit: trailer was smoke and mirrors, apparently game isn't worth the trouble). I don't like World's End Club's genre.

If the Hades physical version is an actual cartridge than I might consider it.

I'd be crap at Ninja Gaiden. I haven't actually started AoC yet. I might buy Bravely Default. I can't play Ghosts n Goblins for crap. Saga Frontier should be up my alley. Apex Legends, see Knockout City.

Skyward Sword, baby. Oh geezus those joycons.

Splatoon 3, I couldn't play 2 because the connection would always crap out. Pass.

Last edited:
Back