Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Is this worth playing? disappointed I was hoping for Twilight Princess HD. A lot of people are hating on Skyward Sword mainly due to the motion controls from the Wii version. But is the story engaging and any good?

Yes especially now that you can use the right stick for the sword controls

Don't remember the story much haven't touched it since the wii but I enjoyed it even thou it felt bloated (it's about the master sword and prequel to oot iirc)

would say it the longest story wise Zelda game

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Switch "Pro" or Switch 2 won't come out until 2023/2024 at the earliest.
6-7 years, that seems fairly brave. I do wonder sometimes when innovation takes too much priority over pure specs (I'd love Nintendo to go full on Tim Allen "MORE POWAH!" but I get the feeling they've never known how).

(Yes I know how I sound like a douche)

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
6-7 years, that seems fairly brave. I do wonder sometimes when innovation takes too much priority over pure specs (I'd love Nintendo to go full on Tim Allen "MORE POWAH!" but I get the feeling they've never known how).

GameCube was their last console where it was able to compete with the likes of Sony and Microsoft in terms of hardware power

They need to make the next switch a beefy machine if they want 3rd party studios AAA games other wise 3rd parties won't bother

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Average console lifespan is 6-7 years.

Next Nintendo console/switch will be the power of a PS4 at minimum. Probably a bit more powerful.

I can wait a few years for a upgrade I don't really care about most third party games nowadays I mostly just play Nintendo's and Sony's first party games.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't see the need to rush for a Switch Pro. Power isn't going to speed up how fast their first party games come out. We are coming out of a pandemic and Nintendo has historically always had these game droughts so the pandemic doesn't help. Think the end of this year and next year will be big for Nintendo games.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
No Diamond/Pearl remake
3x
That will be revealed on Pokémon Day next week you silly goose

Aug 20, 2010
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Bayern, Chelsea FC, Raiders
GameCube was their last console where it was able to compete with the likes of Sony and Microsoft in terms of hardware power

They need to make the next switch a beefy machine if they want 3rd party studios AAA games other wise 3rd parties won't bother
I don't care for 3rd party games on my Nintendo, that's what I have my PlayStation for. Although I do want my Nintendo to have good specs for the AAA titles

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
this would make

I don't care for 3rd party games on my Nintendo, that's what I have my PlayStation for. Although I do want my Nintendo to have good specs for the AAA titles

How great would it be say you start a file of your game on your ps5/Xbox and then you can continue that save file on the go with the switch that would be the ultimate

You can do that with Rise of Phoenix you can continue your save on what ever platform you own the game on

Mar 28, 2006
POLICE STATE
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have mixed feelings about Skyward Sword. It has some of the best Temples in the series, a great Zelda story and generally pretty good gameplay. It also has more Groose than any other Zelda game ever.

I hated some of the motion controls (particularly swimming), hated the repetitive, boring and forced sacred tear collectathons in each area and I disliked the restrictiveness of the three re-used 'open' areas in the game. Despite these issues, it is a great game and I'd be interested to see how it plays without motion controls.

Last edited:
Back