Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

I really want to get one of (if not both) those retro NES and SMES controls for the retro gaming Switch catalogue online. Anyone know of a store in Australia that sell am?
Those are different things. I think the catalogue you're referring to is only on the Switch, while the mini NES and SNES that were released were preloaded with games.

Mantastic

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man City, Cleveland Browns
I really want to get one of (if not both) those retro NES and SMES controls for the retro gaming Switch catalogue online. Anyone know of a store in Australia that sell am?

The one's in the Switch console store are online only for people with a sub to Nintendo Switch Online.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Dear mother of mercy. The joycons are selling like hotcakes... and yet I still don't think I want them.

Nintendo knows their audience. The people that complained about the joy cons and the Skyward price (some of us in here haha) are in the minority. Both will sell heaps.

the joycons look damn good though, damn you Nintendo.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My new 256gb sd card was delivered today so I popped my old one out and... it was 200gb. Son of a...

I'll have to fork out for an even bigger one or find an external hard drive to transfer my data for safe keeping. Or, you know, delete all the digital games I'm not currently playing.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Just bought and download Ghosts 'N' Goblins Resurrection. Had a quick play before bed time, it looks, sounds and plays beautifully, but be warned, like the other games in the series, it is very hard and you will die a zillion times.

It's also one of the Switch games I feel best played on a TV rather than the portable console.

It's going to take me a while to finish this one. Always up for a challenge.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
- Persona 5 Strikers is a great game! It's like the huge summer holiday Persona 5 in-between P5 and P6.
It has a bit more meaning if you played Persona 5 in the past.

- The Blizzard collection has Rock'N'Roll Racing remastered, a superb retro game.

- NBA2K21 is a good/robust upgrade on 2K18, though the shot metre takes a few games to get used to.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
It's still pretty insane to me that they think they can wait 3-4 years before making a proper improved model. It took 4 years to make a New 3DS.

The Switch is basically a glorified Wii U thing was outdated the moment it left the gate

I read some were that the new Switch will be on par with PS4 graphics if true then that's pretty *ingg sweet

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
4 years! I do love the Switch. I mean I did sell it since I didn’t have time to play it but for a US trip it was amazing. I do slightly agree with BOMBERS 4 LIFE!!!! It was tough going from a X1X to the Switch graphics wise and UI wise. I mean needing your mobile for party chat WTF Nintendo.
But for something that can seamlessly go from desktop to handheld it’s in a league of its own. I do often find myself looking at Switch prices 🤣 I’ll cave...

Last edited:
The Switch is basically a glorified Wii U thing was outdated the moment it left the gate

I read some were that the new Switch will be on par with PS4 graphics if true then that's pretty *ingg sweet
You reckon releasing a generation behind yet again is sweet?

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

They’d probably partner with NVIDIA again. By the time it’s time for it to come out the tech will most likely be cheap enough to sell at a profit while being PS4 power.

Back