Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

The amusing thing with me is that I will still end up buying the same game across multiple platforms. In the 360/PS3 era it was the yearly Fifa/NBA 2K installment so I could continue to play with various groups of friends. Quite often I'd end up with 3x copies (had to get them on pc as well). I grew out of that trend by 2013/14.

I restarted it during the next gen, granted not with every single title. I own GTA V on ps4 and xbo (technically paid for one copy, got the other as a free download). Rocket League is another that I own on Switch, pc, PS4, Xbox One........... I really only paid for the Switch copy, the rest were free downloads (The Xbox copy came with a 12 month subscription code I got from JB Hifi).

I've re-purchased some titles on ps4/xbox/pc purely just to replay them on a different platform, my justification in doing so is that they were cheap (I'd never rebuy the same game at full price :p).

It's great isn't it ?

Trying to complete 1942 without losing a life lol

I haven't got all of the packs yet, I was content with just the free download (1943 and Ghosts n Goblins :p). Then temptation got the better of me and I wound up purchasing the pack with Final Fight and the original Street Fighter II. I'll get the remaining packs eventually!

I'll have had the Switch for 4 years in April, time flies. While I don't use it every day and in fact I've had periods where I won't use it for a few weeks (or nearly a month) at a time. I've still gotten good value from it, the battery is still reasonable (granted my main use of the Switch in recent times has been either the NES/SNES titles, various online titles like Tetris 99/Super Mario 35). I use it as a portable console, rarely ever have it docked.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
I was too overwhelmed by Odyssey and checked out when I learned you get nothing for maxing out the moon count.
I thought Odyssey was just boring. Locations were meh and they didn’t add anything to the 3D series other than gimmicky cappy moves.

Last edited:

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
That said, Ocarina 3D, from a technical standpoint was a bit of a pisstake. Anyone from the N64 era who cared about how the game was made, mocked the way 3D was developed.
How so?

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Nintendo knows their audience. The people that complained about the joy cons and the Skyward price (some of us in here haha) are in the minority. Both will sell heaps.

the joycons look damn good though, damn you Nintendo.
People who complain still end up buying this stuff anyways, it’s the same with Fifa fans.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Nintendo has just shown that people will buy their console regardless of console generations as long as they have the games.

Launched smack bang in the middle of the PS4s prime with many saying it would get killed by PS4.

Turns out it’s made it to 80 million in 4 years.
As long as they don’t pull a Wii U again they’ll be fine.

I didn't realise that by having the monthly subscription you can download basically a NES and SNES rom. Very good.
I swear I have told you this before

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think borrowing games off my mates is the way to go. Ridiculous the good Nintendo games never drop below $69.

That being said I'm absolutely loving Odyssey right now. I get a nice feeling playing it.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I think borrowing games off my mates is the way to go. Ridiculous the good Nintendo games never drop below $69.

That being said I'm absolutely loving Odyssey right now. I get a nice feeling playing it.

I still see Breath of the Wild for $79 at JB that game is like 5 years old insane

Nintendo need to stop over charging old games

magic_johnson!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
London
AFL Club
Geelong
I still see Breath of the Wild for $79 at JB that game is like 5 years old insane

Eh, From my position of relative privilege I don’t think it’s the worst thing in the world to buy things and know that they will hold their value. It’s always better than buying something from somewhere that’s constantly having specials and not knowing an item’s true value.

I'll probably never play it because of that. Never played a zelda game for more than a few hours but keen to try this. But not risking 80 dollars on something I might not like.

Back