Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think people have become a bit compliant with the subscriptions on PS and Xbox since those subscriptions have been around for so long now and everyone is used to paying for them.

I was surprised by the backlash of Nintendo’s expansion especially since it’s completely optional and I thought everyone would just be passive with it since we already pay $80 for other consoles online play. I think it's bullshit that we have to pay for ANY online play at all. Let the retro games be optional or make them individual items on the shop like they did for their last 4 consoles.

Access to back catalogue to Nintendo 64 and Mega Drive games is fantastic news for a retro nut like myself (I have the purchased the entire Capcom Arcade Cabinet and often play the NES and SNES controls)

Never played Goldeneye for N64 which is regarded as the best Bond Game/First Person shooter ever, so really looking forward to that.

It's an increase on the other plan is what I meant.
I see a lot of people thinking its a price increase on the base model akin to how Microsoft tried to double the price of Live Gold earlier this year.

Either way the internet is going to be non stop complaining about it all week (as they should).

Access to back catalogue to Nintendo 64 and Mega Drive games is fantastic news for a retro nut like myself (I have the purchased the entire Capcom Arcade Cabinet and often play the NES and SNES controls)

Never played Goldeneye for N64 which is regarded as the best Bond Game/First Person shooter ever, so really looking forward to that.
If you owned past Nintendo consoles like the Wii, Wii U, 3DS and saw their retro offerings on their online stores, this is an extremely harsh price.

Oh and Goldeneye is best left to history. FPS shooters pre-PS2 did not age well. Just play it on PC with an emulator.

Fck me what a ridiculous price.

I expected Nintendo to charge a bit but not by that much.

Basically paying the price of 12 months Xbox live or PS Plus when with the two subscriptions what a joke

Although I will be getting my hands on the n64 controller gotta own that playing Mario 64 on the 3D all stars collection will be sweet

Last edited:
If you owned past Nintendo consoles like the Wii, Wii U, 3DS and saw their retro offerings on their online stores, this is an extremely harsh price.

Oh and Goldeneye is best left to history. FPS shooters pre-PS2 did not age well. Just play it on PC with an emulator.

I have to admit enjoying playing Quake (with souped up GFX and SFX) on my PS4. Love the Gothic feel about it all, I find myself enjoying it a lot more than originally on the PC (think it was too bloody difficult for me at the time, esp with only using the clumsy keyboard)

BTW I have paid up my current membership subscription to June 2022, do I have to pay to pay extra for this new service? Would be a bit pissed if I do.

BTW I have paid up my current membership subscription to June 2022, do I have to pay to pay extra for this new service? Would be a bit pissed if I do.
Yes most likely, considering it is another tier of membership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will never get Goldeneye anyway. Microsoft + Rare + Nintendo + James Bond license holders + Movie rights all need to agree.

However the canned XBLA version was leaked on PC. Build is like 80% into development.

Get the xbox 360 emulator and acquire the Goldeneye remake rom that leaked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back