Switch Nintendo Switch - teaser trailer page 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's subjective based on the hybrid nature of the console, and how keen you are for Zelda. Like has been said earlier, some criticisms mentioned in reviews are valid, most are well established and the rest are off the mark.

No doubt the console has been rushed, but still haven't read anything along the lines worth saying "OMG they duped us, im cancelling my pre-order!"

Doesn't really answer my question.

The only positive I can see from the reviews is Zelda is out on it and looks slightly better than the Wii U version, a lot of the positive focus is on a game available on another console.

As you say, clearly rushed. The question is why? Why not wait a few months to launch.

Why is the fact the criticisms have been known for a long time give them a pass? Shouldn't that be even worse, they are known issue that have still not been fixed for launch.

Not sure how much weight people give to it but on Metacritic the Switch reviews so far see it at one extremely positive review, 34 positive reviews, 9 mixed reviews and zero negative reviews.

Seems fairly decent to me and most of those say that given time their ratings will probably rise.

Yes the consensus seems to be with time it'll be good, once everything is available and more big titles out.

Still little things that hopefully can be fixed with later models.

The mixed reviews though are from some pretty big reviewers.

funny that the post count in this thread suddenly explodes once negative reviews start coming out, compared to the general positivity of just a few days ago.

Why is that funny? I'd think it's quite normal for discussion to pick up once the reviews of any topic are out.

Weird thought process you have.

Really looking forward to some hands on reviews from a few of the BF people, not the fanboys though who won't even be able to bring themselves to criticise it even if they know it to be true, you know who you are.

Anyone ever bothered with a midnight launch before? Pain in the arse?

Live close enough I could duck off home after paying deposit and getting a collection/queue number.

i went to a gamecube midnight launch years ago. It was a umm interesting experience haha. Mostly just a lot of standing around waiting though.

Really looking forward to some hands on reviews from a few of the BF people, not the fanboys though who won't even be able to bring themselves to criticise it even if they know it to be true, you know who you are.

Decent chance I'll pick one up over the weekend, I expect my views to align fairly closely with the mixed side of things... Lack of power and dearth of titles are pretty readily apparent.

To be fair, what was the general positivity based on? Hopes and dreams? :D
There were plenty of reviews from people who had hands on time with the system at events and early access to the console, and plenty of them were very positive. The reviews coming out now are still useful, but when you see reviews that are as meaningless as the CNET ones you realise you have to be careful about just writing the system off because of a few tech 'experts'.

There were plenty of reviews from people who had hands on time with the system at events and early access to the console, and plenty of them were very positive. The reviews coming out now are still useful, but when you see reviews that are as meaningless as the CNET ones you realise you have to be careful about just writing the system off because of a few tech 'experts'.

Major difference between writing something off and being annoyed at some genuine faults of the system. Just as many 'reviews' out there that are nothing but gushing without any honest to god reviewing being done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Major difference between writing something off and being annoyed at some genuine faults of the system. Just as many 'reviews' out there that are nothing but gushing without any honest to god reviewing being done.
well i just find it interesting how people have been able to test and talk about the switch for a while and have been talking about how the games run fine, but its only now that reviews are coming out stating that it lags. Are they testing it well beyond the standard use of the thing to test its limits, and if so is that really relevant? Everything is either it works well or it sucks, why is there such a difference? My bet is that for normal person use it will be fine, and its only when you are really trying to push its capabilities that is falls down a bit.

well i just find it interesting how people have been able to test and talk about the switch for a while and have been talking about how the games run fine, but its only now that reviews are coming out stating that it lags. Are they testing it well beyond the standard use of the thing to test its limits, and if so is that really relevant? Everything is either it works well or it sucks, why is there such a difference? My bet is that for normal person use it will be fine, and its only when you are really trying to push its capabilities that is falls down a bit.
Just for the record, this is a fanboy.

You seem a bit obsessed about all these negative things coming out, your making it look like only the fanboys will like it and they are wrong for thinking it's good anyway, I suggest just letting people enjoy it for what it is.

I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks about the console all I care about is if I enjoy it and if I do great and if not I won't be on anyone's back about it

You seem a bit obsessed about all these negative things coming out, your making it look like only the fanboys will like it and they are wrong for thinking it's good anyway, I suggest just letting people enjoy it for what it is.

I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks about the console all I care about is if I enjoy it and if I do great and if not I won't be on anyone's back about it
Here's another one.

Or maybe now there is no Nintendo controlling what people can and can't say about it so the truth is coming out.

Here's another one.
I'm happy with having an opinion but I'm not happy with people making others feel like they don't matter for their opinion. So someone isn't bothered by things as much as you are big deal. I'm only assuming I won't have much trouble with the Switch for how I am thinking of using it but it could very well disappoint me much like the Wii U did

Just for the record, this is a hater.

edit: sorry, troll
Hater? I love Nintendo.
What have I said that is trolling?

I suppose Kotaku are also trolls?

I'm happy with having an opinion but I'm not happy with people making others feel like they don't matter for their opinion. So someone isn't bothered by things as much as you are big deal. I'm only assuming I won't have much trouble with the Switch for how I am thinking of using it but it could very well disappoint me much like the Wii U did
Sure, feel free to show me where that's occurred. I'll wait.

yeah, because nintendo stopped CNET posting a stupid review stating that if you hit the screen with the joycon while it was on the table it would fall over.
The CNET review was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back