Switch Nintendo Switch - teaser trailer page 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The system is simple and efficient and looks to have a long term plan aswell especially if it acts as the successor to the DS with them focusing purely on 1 console.

The tablet is quite less portable than the DS doe. I don't see it as a true successor. There is still room for a dedicated portable IMO.

You realise Skyrim is a 5 years old game. Could it run The Witcher 3? Hells no probably.
I do realise that yes. I'd imagine though that as this is presumably the Skyrim remastered version made for X1 and PS4, the Switch is capable of running PS4 and X1 games.

Would it be able to run Witcher 3? I, like you, have no idea. Would it be able to run Fallout 4? Due to Skyrim remasterd being on it, I'd have an educated guess at 'yes'.

I do realise that yes. I'd imagine though that as this is presumably the Skyrim remastered version made for X1 and PS4, the Switch is capable of running PS4 and X1 games.

Would it be able to run Witcher 3? I, like you, have no idea. Would it be able to run Fallout 4? Due to Skyrim remasterd being on it, I'd have an educated guess at 'yes'.
If I can play fallout 4 on the go my life is complete!

The system is simple and efficient and looks to have a long term plan aswell especially if it acts as the successor to the DS with them focusing purely on 1 console.
If it is the successor to both the Wii U and DS that will help with the software shortages the Wii U had.

That's the major question for me. The Wii U's gamepad battery is atrocious. However, you can buy a long life battery from Nintendo which is absolutely fantastic. Also the Wii U Pro controller has one of the longest lasting batteries I've ever seen. You would hope they've really thought about this.
Having never tried a Wii U how do they charge the batteries. Just thinking if I could play on the train to work and the way home would I be able to charge it in the middle of the day at work?

Considering all the 3rd party devs have been positive on the new system suggests it should be powerful enough on the go. If it has poor battery life I'm sure they have a solution in either a portable charger option or something along those lines
I don't trust any of the comments from devs or publishers about new consoles. It's always chocolates and roses to begin with, the proof comes with actual titles after the first year. Even the Wii U had 'full support' for it's initial launch of titles.

2K and Bethesda from what I've seen literally had the exact same quotes which says that stuff was written for them.

qa6tNPN.png

Not sure about this controller. Looks like a generic third party made one with little regard for ergonomics.

Positive it's gone with the xbox layout.. the dpad does look very close to the left thumstick though

this thing looks awesome, i'm just thinking about the DS type games and developers that excel on there, games like fire emblem and phoenix wright and animal crossing and pokemon that have found their home on the handheld style, this blend of worlds will be a change for gamers and developers alike but it looks sweet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading through it a little more and digesting it, I'm so keen on new Zelda/Mario/Smash/MK/Metroid etc. and being able to play them on a plane and on the go.

This will be a day 1 buy if it launches with Zelda (I'm assuming it will).

Think it looks pretty nice. I'll get one at some point - Just hoping Nintendo aren't going to be stingy on previous virtual console purchases, and let you play your old library on the new machine. Not sure I could bear to pay money for Super Mario World and Zelda 3 again.

I don't need this console. I don't really want this console.

But will probably cave and buy it day one :(

I feel the same, can't say I like it but it's Nintendo and that Mario game intrigues me.

Having never tried a Wii U how do they charge the batteries. Just thinking if I could play on the train to work and the way home would I be able to charge it in the middle of the day at work?
So the Wii U Gamepad uses an AC adapter unfortunately. It works fine but it's a bit cumbersome and you need a wall outlet. It does come with a long enough cord for it though which is good.

Hopefully it's just a USB charge for it this time. And to be fair the Wii U came out quite a while ago now so it mightn't be the best guide.

Also the Wii U Pro controller (ie the normal controller) does charge from a USB charger and seriously lasts for like 80 hours or something.

I just wonder with Nintendo and Apple's new found closeness if we'll see some crossover with charging? Would be great to use your old apple cords for this, but im reaching pretty far there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back