Switch Nintendo Switch - teaser trailer page 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Wii U Gamepad uses an AC adapter unfortunately. It works fine but it's a bit cumbersome and you need a wall outlet. It does come with a long enough cord for it though which is good.

Hopefully it's just a USB charge for it this time. And to be fair the Wii U came out quite a while ago now so it mightn't be the best guide.

Also the Wii U Pro controller (ie the normal controller) does charge from a USB charger and seriously lasts for like 80 hours or something.

I just wonder with Nintendo and Apple's new found closeness if we'll see some crossover with charging? Would be great to use your old apple cords for this, but im reaching pretty far there.

That is a bit of a Jack Reacher

I always go looking for specs and then realise I have NFI what I'm looking at.

It's all about the teraflops!

#noideawhatimtalkingabout

UnitedImpureAlaskajingle.gif

the pro controller looks awesome, what's bad about it? the gamecube button layout (so ABXY is back to where it should be) has always been best!

Looks pretty good

Reception seems to be generally positive but conceptually this is not a big leap from the Wii U but it seems to do enough to overcome the shortcomings of that system. Should do better in the games department if it gets support from mobile/handheld and traditional console developers. Very interesting to see where the dice fall. Many already have a PS4/Xbox One but maybe this will provide just enough value to get people on board without losing access to many of the titles they're interested in.

Can't imagine people will want to pay much more than AUD $400 though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One other thing to note is that the dock is just that, a dock for powering the tablet (although it should be able to overclock while docked, meaning it will look better on TV).

This opens the door for tablets with better specs to be released fairly regularly. I imagine much of it will have to be interchangable, given the amount of parts make up the whole thing.

Reading through it a little more and digesting it, I'm so keen on new Zelda/Mario/Smash/MK/Metroid etc. and being able to play them on a plane and on the go.

This will be a day 1 buy if it launches with Zelda (I'm assuming it will).

It's been confirmed as a launch title I think

One other thing to note is that the dock is just that, a dock for powering the tablet (although it should be able to overclock while docked, meaning it will look better on TV).

This opens the door for tablets with better specs to be released fairly regularly. I imagine much of it will have to be interchangable, given the amount of parts make up the whole thing.
Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back