Switch Nintendo Switch - teaser trailer page 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think E3 will be good to Nintendo, even if they don't attend they should probably have a packed Direct where they can announce Smash, Pokemon, Retro's game, etc.
Possibly, but that doesn't change the fact that right now their line up of announced games is poor and doesn't justify $469 for the console.

Personally I think the Switch being categorised as a handheld is far more favourable to the system than being classed as a console. That may change in future, but based on what we know now, I see far more reason to buy it as an alternative to other handhelds than to other consoles.

Really surprised that they went with a Wii U version (on launch day I presume) because Zelda would have been enough to tip me over the edge to pay that excessive amount.

For me, while I am a graphics whore, the drop in performance on the Wii U version doesn't seem to be enough to warrant getting the Switch version; and seeing as I'm preordering the LE anyway, I'm happy to wait 6-12 months until there is a significant price drop on the console.

With so many A+ titles available on other systems this year, could have sold so more units with a reasonable price.

Guess they're laughing all the way to bank regardless.

Personally I think the Switch being categorised as a handheld is far more favourable to the system than being classed as a console. That may change in future, but based on what we know now, I see far more reason to buy it as an alternative to other handhelds than to other consoles.
That if Nintendo don't release a handheld switch ... which I honestly think they will.

I have/had budgeted $500 for the Switch but figured with that amount I'd also get several games.
The fact that it's not even enough to get one game just means I'm more than happy to wait.

Admittedly I was disappointed at the price but it's not something that will stop me getting it at launch. If the console was $369 everyone is happy, and tbf whats $100 these days. To buy the 5 BoTW amiibo is $200 and I'm sure some will get all of them.
I guess everyone just has a line where it costs too much. Mine is $430. I know $40 is absolutely nothing but I can wait for a better package considering BOTW is on Wii U, and know I'll feel better when it comes along.

However I can see Target/ big w selling it at 430 at launch so there's always that possibility.

I guess everyone just has a line where it costs too much. Mine is $430. I know $40 is absolutely nothing but I can wait for a better package considering BOTW is on Wii U, and know I'll feel better when it comes along.

However I can see Target/ big w selling it at 430 at launch so there's always that possibility.
$470 is 120 more than I'd like but I wouldn't mind if there were games at launch. Zelda I can play on the Wii U and the rest of the game at launch are boarder line shovelware. That $550 price tag console+game atm I rather invest in NIOH, Horizon, Neir, Persona 5, Zelda, RE7 and South Park.

$470 is 120 more than I'd like but I wouldn't mind if there were games at launch. Zelda I can play on the Wii U and the rest of the game at launch are boarder line shovelware. That $550 price tag console+game atm I rather invest in NIOH, Horizon, Neir, Persona 5, Zelda, RE7 and South Park.

If it was bundled at $470 with Zelda and whatever other game I'd probably not think twice about buying.

If it was bundled at $470 with Zelda and whatever other game I'd probably not think twice about buying.
If it was another established ip yea I would as well or even if Zelda was delayed on the wii u but since Mario 3d isn't until the holidays I rather wait for then and maybe get it cheaper during a sale or an official pricecut.

i'm planning on selling $200 worth of crap to make up for that hefty Zelda collectors edition i splurged on. i put $400 aside last year for the Switch so i don't really care about the price, obviously it's nicer to get a game as a bonus but i appreciate getting two controllers with the system, i'm not gonna worry about any accessories outside a hard case for a bit. i don't know why Skyrim can't be at launch but i'm not worried, the reason i haven't played that game yet is because of other massive games i've been into and i'm gonna be into Zelda so frankly everything can wait. there is still much to be announced, anyway. they could announce something great for Virtual Console and i'll have access to everything i had on Wii U at launch, i'm praying for good VC support announced soon. but yeah considering it has two controllers right there i don't understand like all of you why 1 2 Switch isn't built in, it looks like the next Game & Wario sort of mini-game mashup, i would play the s**t out of that with the gf and cousins and family, come on Nintendo!!

How much do people think you'd be able to trade a Wii U in for these days, and would I be able to sell it and leave all my downloaded games on it? Brought pretty much every single game online

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much do people think you'd be able to trade a Wii U in for these days, and would I be able to sell it and leave all my downloaded games on it? Brought pretty much every single game online
If you trade a 32GB Wii U + any Wii U game to EB you can pick up the Switch for $299.

And you'll wanna reset it to factory settings so they don't have access to your Nintendo account. Unfortunately you can't leave the games on there without a Nintendo account.

i'm planning on selling $200 worth of crap to make up for that hefty Zelda collectors edition i splurged on. i put $400 aside last year for the Switch so i don't really care about the price, obviously it's nicer to get a game as a bonus but i appreciate getting two controllers with the system, i'm not gonna worry about any accessories outside a hard case for a bit. i don't know why Skyrim can't be at launch but i'm not worried, the reason i haven't played that game yet is because of other massive games i've been into and i'm gonna be into Zelda so frankly everything can wait. there is still much to be announced, anyway. they could announce something great for Virtual Console and i'll have access to everything i had on Wii U at launch, i'm praying for good VC support announced soon. but yeah considering it has two controllers right there i don't understand like all of you why 1 2 Switch isn't built in, it looks like the next Game & Wario sort of mini-game mashup, i would play the s**t out of that with the gf and cousins and family, come on Nintendo!!
Skyrim not being at launch is kind of odd and pretty concerning. I can only imagine Bethesda don't want to directly compete with Zelda, but I can see it not selling well regardless which will be a lost opportunity.

The games are tied to your account and only accessible by your account, unlike xbox and playstation. Sell your Wii U and you pretty much lose all those games.

nexusae0_Ouya-Controller-1.jpg
jigmmtjx8xabxftkpsf7.png

It's the black strip in the middle that evokes the OUYA for me. For this reason alone I reckon I'd get the Neon :p

If you trade a 32GB Wii U + any Wii U game to EB you can pick up the Switch for $299.

And you'll wanna reset it to factory settings so they don't have access to your Nintendo account. Unfortunately you can't leave the games on there without a Nintendo account.
Cheers, will probably end up getting one of these at launch then if that's the case. Although launch line up is a bit disappointing!

I figured I would've been getting one as soon as Splatoon 2 launched, so what's a few months earlier and getting to play the superior version of Zelda. PS4 Pro wasn't worth buying and arguably still isn't at that price, I still got one with no regrets.

At the end of the day I'll get my moneys worth and that's the main thing. Bomberman and Snipperclips with the missus will clock up plenty of hours just in March alone.

Quietly confident the Switch will deliver long term. Could potentially have 3 GOTY nominees in it's first 9 months (Zelda, Mario, Splatoon 2) not a bad effort imo.

I'll probly do the trade in deal with EB. Usually I wouldn't sell consoles but there isn't anything on the Wii U that will make me come back to it. Both Mario Kart and Smash Bros will come to switch and they are the only games I play on Wii U

The Wii U is dead same with the Xbox 360 which I might get rid of as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back