Review Nisbett's Email Discussion

When do we get the next email?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles must have Brass Balls if they dare insult us with another email of FLUFF this week!
* off let us grieve in peace!!

This might be the equivalent of the Nisbett email this week. 50 seconds of Simmo getting soft ball questions from Stocks.

Question 1: It must have been as tough for you to watch as it was for the fans?
'Question' 2: We'll be looking for the fans to come help us get through this next Saturday

You gotta be ******* kidding me. The nerve of this club.

This might be the equivalent of the Nisbett email this week. 50 seconds of Simmo getting soft ball questions from Stocks.

What the * was Simpson going to say that he didn't already say at the presser? Particularly being thrown softballs like that.

Someone behind the scenes figured today's performance was poor enough that the fans needed to be thrown a bone... they thought a 60 second video ought to be enough to placate the fans.

It's insulting.

Whoever thought it was a good idea... should be on the chopping block along with the rest of the imbeciles that run the club.

Question 1: It must have been as tough for you to watch as it was for the fans?
'Question' 2: We'll be looking for the fans to come help us get through this next Saturday

You gotta be ******* kidding me. The nerve of this club.

Was more like

Question 1 - "We suck dont we"
Question 2 - "Do you have any words that can guilt the fans into coming and spending their money on overpriced alcohol on Saturday night at Optus"

I felt bad for Simpson watching that- his body language screams 'this is idiotic'.

In the press conference he said, correctly, there was nothing that he could really say to the fans after a performance like that and left it alone, but 5 minutes later you've got 'Stocksy' trying to pull an absurdly patronising marketing exercise for the next game.

So, the last question to Simpson at the official presser was along the lines of “what’s the message to fans” and his response was “I’m not buying into messages to fans”.

He then went out into the corridor where Gary Stocks got him to film a message to fans.

So the club has posted the press conference but cut off that last question.

Completely hopeless, the whole place. Burn it down.

Mr. Burns, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?
Simmo knows what the problem is but cannot say publically withoud pulling the rug from under a significant percentage of the playing group in a very damaging manner - and great credit to him as a leader.
1684728365135.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, the last question to Simpson at the official presser was along the lines of “what’s the message to fans” and his response was “I’m not buying into messages to fans”.

He then went out into the corridor where Gary Stocks got him to film a message to fans.

So the club has posted the press conference but cut off that last question.

Completely hopeless, the whole place. Burn it down.
It's great that the club seems to care so much more about the money they're going to lose at empty home games for the rest of the year than they have about the actual performances at any point in the past few years.

It's great that the club seems to care so much more about the money they're going to lose at empty home games for the rest of the year than they have about the actual performances at any point in the past few years.
This perhaps overlooks the fact that seats are largely pre sold through corporate deals and membership. It isn't healthy for a struggling team to look into abandoned stand may be the point.

This perhaps overlooks the fact that seats are largely pre sold through corporate deals and membership. It isn't healthy for a struggling team to look into abandoned stand may be the point.
During COVID the club revealed they have to pay more for each home ground if a certain amount of fans don't turn up (as the ground misses a lot of revenue from food and beverage sales). Even if members have pre-paid, low crowd numbers will affect the bottom line.

It's also a leading indicator that the Golden goose of membership is in danger of breaking. We have an older demographic of members, if 10k of them decided they can't be stuffed going through 5 years of pain and didn't renew over a few years, our wait list would disappear. At that point, a lot more members will ditch their 11 game memberships and we probably end up like Freo (with 30-40k members and publicly available seats to each game).

Watched the extended interview. There were times I thought “hmm, maybe he does kind of get where the club is at”.

Then at the end Rhino brings up the angry fans, the response is “well the fans I meet face to face are always very complimentary, I know people are angry on social media but you don’t want to be taking advice from people on social media”.

What the actual *? What kind of delusional drug addled fans are you surrounding yourself with?

Watched the extended interview. There were times I thought “hmm, maybe he does kind of get where the club is at”.

Then at the end Rhino brings up the angry fans, the response is “well the fans I meet face to face are always very complimentary, I know people are angry on social media but you don’t want to be taking advice from people on social media”.

What the actual *? What kind of delusional drug addled fans are you surrounding yourself with?

The mums and dads of the young guys he talks to in the locker room after the game I reckon.

Don't see much opportunity (or evidence) he gets to have a chat to the fans.

Probably the 40 on the private charter who decided to sing the club song whilst the players basked in a humiliating defeat.

His point re social media is quite valid to be fair and that’s on any topic not just football

As for the fans he meets I doubt he’s circulating with the great unwashed all that much so isn’t getting a lot of honest feedback. I’d rather he just said he understands the frustration but there is a plan (and there is) but it’s going to take a while and there’ll be some pain along the way

Singing the song on the plane is pretty cringeworthy but that’s preferable to them jeering a young playing group that just had their arses handed to them and would be feeling totally ratshit. A show of support is not the worst thing

His point re social media is quite valid to be fair and that’s on any topic not just football

As for the fans he meets I doubt he’s circulating with the great unwashed all that much so isn’t getting a lot of honest feedback. I’d rather he just said he understands the frustration but there is a plan (and there is) but it’s going to take a while and there’ll be some pain along the way

Singing the song on the plane is pretty cringeworthy but that’s preferable to them jeering a young playing group that just had their arses handed to them and would be feeling totally ratshit. A show of support is not the worst thing
I reckon the last thing I'd want as a player who's just been hammered by the bottom side is to hear a bunch of turnips sing a Bird's of Tokyo song.
I'd come close to launching myself out of the plane.

There’s a lot of space between jeering a young playing group and singing a rousing version of the team song on the way home from an all-time arse-kicking.

To be fair, how many of us have the balls to say what we think to his face.

Not me i prefer to hide behind my keyboard.

Back