Review Nisbett's Email Discussion

When do we get the next email?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What ever happened to Craig Vozzo? I remember he took personal leave last year for a bit but didn’t hear anything else, did he make a quiet exit before everythink went to s**t??😂

I enjoyed the part where he said we ‘focused on young talent’ last year, as though drafting a bunch of teenagers was in any way different to what 17 other clubs did, or do any other year. Also, a bit cheeky pumping up that we’ve debuted most of them when the alternative is a bunch of semi-pro teachers/chippies who still have more impact than the ghosts of All Australians past we have strolling around our midfield. Like others have said, it was refreshing to at least finally see ‘rebuild’ make an appearance.

Last edited:
We're all about setting the standards and positive impact on the community gaiz.

• Willie sprung with a bag of hooch up his shorts in Darwin 6 months ago
  • Jarrod Cameron walks out on the club with 1 year left to go on his contract 6 months ago.
  • 7 players getting on the Sesh at Hip-E Club night after members sat in the stands watching them get flogged by 100 points.
  • Darling gets the entire 100k fanbase against him after not getting vaxxed until someone holds a gun to his head 2 months ago.

Did any of this happen to other clubs in the offseason Gibbs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think the club has sunk hundreds of thousands into Public Relation consultants to provide some kind of plan to navigate communications through this period. That’s a few letters they’ve written to the members now with a potential strategy and plan provided also. I hope to hell they haven’t.

The one thing I want the focus to be on is players setting standards and living up to those standards. That’s for off-season diet and conditioning, match preparation, training etc

Somewhere along the lines our players have dropped the ball and no one is there to hold them accountable. Part of me thinks having senior leadership who cannot even get on the track to set these standards has reflected badly on our “younger” players. Why haven’t senior leaders been able to get on the track? Why are the standard so s**t. You are paid to be professional ******* athletes! Go read about Kobe Bryant’s work ethic. The campaigner lived to pummel his opponents! Get in the gym, out on the track, study your opponents. Find a ******* way to win

I enjoyed the part where he said we ‘focused on young talent’ last year, as though drafting a bunch of teenagers was in any way different to what 17 other clubs did, or do any other year. Also, a bit cheeky pumping up that we’ve debuted most of them when the alternative is a bunch of semi-pro teachers/chippies who still have more impact than the ghosts of All Australians past we have strolling around our midfield. Like others have said, it was refreshing to at least finally see ‘rebuild’ make an appearance.
When it comes to new, outside the box idea's, he's very Wayne Kerrigan..!!

Do you think the club has sunk hundreds of thousands into Public Relation consultants to provide some kind of plan to navigate communications through this period. That’s a few letters they’ve written to the members now with a potential strategy and plan provided also. I hope to hell they haven’t.

The one thing I want the focus to be on is players setting standards and living up to those standards. That’s for off-season diet and conditioning, match preparation, training etc

Somewhere along the lines our players have dropped the ball and no one is there to hold them accountable. Part of me thinks having senior leadership who cannot even get on the track to set these standards has reflected badly on our “younger” players. Why haven’t senior leaders been able to get on the track? Why are the standard so s**t. You are paid to be professional ******* athletes! Go read about Kobe Bryant’s work ethic. The campaigner lived to pummel his opponents! Get in the gym, out on the track, study your opponents. Find a ******* way to win

The letters from Nisbett, and now Gibbs, are a clear indication that the club is feeling the pinch.

I’ve no doubt they’re getting direct feedback from disgruntled supporters (Nisbett and Simpson have both mentioned in interviews how they’ve been given strong feedback) to go along with the indirect, but more impactful, feedback of fans not turning up to games

They are scrambling to placate a supporter base that is rightfully unhappy with how badly we’ve collapsed

Unfortunately for them I don’t think it’s having the desired effect. It isn’t quite pouring petrol on a fire bad but nor are the letters doing anything to douse the rage

Other than a return to the sort of effort we saw in the first few weeks of this season I doubt there’s much that can be done to restore faith in the short term but patronising letters to members isn’t the answer

Honestly though, absolutely 5/8 that Nisbett and Co. can do right now, short of sacking someone from S&C relating to hitting round 1 with 16 people unavailable (or whatever it was).

We’ll cop probably another 10 or so beltings this year regardless.

Then it’ll be done, and what plays out beyond Round 23 will be the key.

Russell Gibbs on ABC Sports Talk this morning:

We don’t have a lot of good players under 21 but there’s a group of players in that 21 to 25 bracket that we’re still yet to see the best of. We haven’t seen the best of Oscar Allen, Willie Rioli, Liam Ryan, Tom Barrass, Liam Duggan

checks notes

Allen - turned 23 in March
Rioli - turns 27 in June
Ryan - turns 26 in October
Barrass - turns 27 in October
Duggan - turns 26 in December

One out of five ain’t bad I suppose…

Fair dinkum no wonder we’re a basketcase when even the Chairman is in denial about the age profile of our list.

Edit - then he goes on to say “I’d love to see what CAMERON Chesser has to offer…”!!!

Last edited:
We don’t have a lot of good players under 21 but there’s a group of players in that 21 to 25 bracket that we’re still yet to see the best of. We haven’t seen the best of Oscar Allen, Willie Rioli, Liam Ryan, Tom Barrass, Liam Duggan

Nah, those are 2 different statements, a la the below:

1652539838727.png

Back