May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Re: 'Saints Girl' claims affair with Nixon

Why is this such as issue?

Ok he's had an affair with a 17 year old, but how does this impact his job?

There has been considerable discussion here that we don't even know that he did. He says they didn't, she says they did. It is no more than he said/she said at this stage. Let's not be too hasty to hang him out to dry.

Matt72

Team Captain
Apr 17, 2008
Niddrie
AFL Club
Carlton

There has been considerable discussion here that we don't even know that he did. He says they didn't, she says they did. It is no more than he said/she said at this stage. Let's not be too hasty to hang him out to dry.

Fair point we should just stick with what they have both agreed on as the truth.

A 17 year old called a 47 year old and he dropped everything and rushed to her hotel room with alcohol. He was seen leaving that hotel at 7am the next morning. He has said that he had inappropriate dealings with the 17 year old.
All of that she and he agree with and and photographic evidence supports right?
Phew nothing untoward in all of that then :rolleyes:

Krakouertoa

Debutant
Suspended
Feb 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
if you think it stops at st kilda you're wrong. i believe she could tell a story or two about certain collingwood players!!!
She doesn't seem to be upset with us, and if she was I'm sure we'd know about it by now considering how volatile she is.

Doesn't mean she didn't have more dirt on St Kilda as you indicated was a bit silly of people... just indicates that she had more. That's all.

No it doesn't, it indicates that they dont know what she had, but whatever she had it wasn't hers to publish. You really think she was the type to pull her punches, she put out what she had.

But of course you probably know someone who is mates with someone else who once met someone who has seen a certain video.:rolleyes:

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
Damned if they did damned if they didn't.
If they threw the book at her they were utter bastards for dealing so harshly with a child.
So they take the softly approach and people with their brains in the gutter or the old lady gossip mentality assume the worst.

You dont think the court injunction was a good idea? FFS she originally claimed that she took the photos.

It's the inconsistency that's baffling. Of course there will be people that disagree with any option you take but it's usually a good idea to set acourse of action and stick to it. Threatening to go after her and then giving her somewhere to live? That's opting for double damnation.

St Kilda giving her somewhere to live is just about the strangest, and therefore the most suspicious, thing they could have done. If they think shes a heartless criminal then purdue her legally, if they think she's a misguided mental case then refer her to some good psych facilities, but give her somewhere to live? How does that make ANY sense?

Aug 11, 2008
Carlton
AFL Club
Carlton

Wow - lets get stuck into Nixons wife now.

You moral police have no boundaries do you ?

In fact most of your posts show you have no boundaries.

Here are some of mine:

If proven, 47 yo should not supply alcohol to 17 yo

If proven, 47 yo should not pursue intimate relationship with 17 yo

If proven, 47 yo should not have sex with 17 yo

If proven, player manager should not be giving advice to someone who has been acting against the interests of the players he manages

If proven, player manager should not be giving advice to someone who may be emotionally or psychologically unstable, because he's not professionally qualified and may be put her at risk

There you go, some boundaries.

Krakouertoa

Debutant
Suspended
Feb 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
St Kilda giving her somewhere to live is just about the strangest, and therefore the most suspicious, thing they could have done. If they think shes a heartless criminal then purdue her legally, if they think she's a misguided mental case then refer her to some good psych facilities, but give her somewhere to live? How does that make ANY sense?
It all comes back to the girl, she most likely demanded accomodation when they were having those talks, she didn't have anywhere to live so it's not unreasonable to assume that was one of her conditions for a resolution.

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers

Fair point we should just stick with what they have both agreed on as the truth.

A 17 year old called a 47 year old and he dropped everything and rushed to her hotel room with alcohol. He was seen leaving that hotel at 7am the next morning. He has said that he had inappropriate dealings with the 17 year old.
All of that she and he agree with and and photographic evidence supports right?
Phew nothing untoward in all of that then :rolleyes:

He said he left that night, but went back early the next morning. He might have been on his way to work and dropped by briefly. There is no photographic/video evidence of what time he arrived, so the time he left tells only half the story.

mysainters

Cancelled
St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger Sponsor 2013
May 22, 2009
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
She doesn't seem to be upset with us, and if she was I'm sure we'd know about it by now considering how volatile she is.

Well, Collingwood was on her list, but like you said, perhaps she isn't upset with you anymore.

Then again, Ricky probably thought he was in the clear too, I seem to recall he was on the list?

Oh, and before any Collingwood supporter says something like 'nice try at attempting to deflect the attention from your rabble of a club'

I am just answering Krakouertoa's post.

Aug 17, 2006
Lilyfield
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Well, Collingwood was on her list, but like you said, perhaps she isn't upset with you anymore.

Then again, Ricky probably thought he was in the clear too, I seem to recall he was on the list?

Oh, and before any Collingwood supporter says something like 'nice try at attempting to deflect the attention from your rabble of a club'

I am just answering Krakouertoa's post.

Nice try at attempting to deflect the attention from... oh

mysainters

Cancelled
May 22, 2009
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's the inconsistency that's baffling. Of course there will be people that disagree with any option you take but it's usually a good idea to set acourse of action and stick to it. Threatening to go after her and then giving her somewhere to live? That's opting for double damnation.

Not really.

It was court appointed mediation, something the club was obligated to attend. I highly doubt it was the initative of the club to suggest it's assistance would be in the form of accomodation, it must be what her lawyers requested on her behalf.

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Also why is Ricky Nixon giving her advice on employment? Is she looking to join the AFL?

Nothing in this whole drama makes sense

Apparently she wants to study journalism. If it is sports journalism he has lots of advice to offer - like - forget it: none of my clients will ever speak to you again.

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
Not really.

It was court appointed mediation, something the club was obligated to attend. I highly doubt it was the initative of the club to suggest it's assistance would be in the form of accomodation, it must be what her lawyers requested on her behalf.

See this is what I don't get.

There is a mediation - what's the middle ground?

The saints are furious that this girl is causing so much trouble. They seek legal advice to stop her causing trouble, sending photos etc. What does she (or her legal team) come back with? Okay - I'll stop if you give me accommodation?

Why wouldn't the club say - keep it up and we'll have you arrested - there is no way we're doing any favours for you. What grounds does the girl's legal team have to demand ANYTHING?

What is missing from this picture?

Matt72

Team Captain
Apr 17, 2008
Niddrie
AFL Club
Carlton

He said he left that night, but went back early the next morning. He might have been on his way to work and dropped by briefly. There is no photographic/video evidence of what time he arrived, so the time he left tells only half the story.

I was just listing proven facts that both parties agree on what you have introduced is speculation and only one side of the story

mysainters

Cancelled
May 22, 2009
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
See this is what I don't get.

There is a mediation - what's the middle ground?

The saints are furious that this girl is causing so much trouble. They seek legal advice to stop her causing trouble, sending photos etc. What does she (or her legal team) come back with? Okay - I'll stop if you give me accommodation?

Why wouldn't the club say - keep it up and we'll have you arrested - there is no way we're doing any favours for you. What grounds does the girl's legal team have to demand ANYTHING?

What is missing from this picture?

Nettlefold has other problems. He must deal with divisions at board level, divisions which were highlighted when vice-president Ross Levin poured oil on the fire of the schoolgirl scandal. Levin, a lawyer and mastermind behind the coup which led to the ousting of Rod Butterss, threatened to pursue the 17-year-old until she was 30 and in a matter of seconds turned her from a public vixen to victim.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/divisions-in-the-ranks-cost-saints-20110204-1ah0w.html

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers

I was just listing proven facts that both parties agree on what you have introduced is speculation and only one side of the story

Hang on - it is equally speculation that he spent the whole night in her bed. There is no photographic or video or CCTV record of what time he arrived, so all of that is he said/she said.

It is preposterous because all parties have said it never happened that way anyway.

Sorry, but what is preposterous?
Nixon admitted, publicly, visiting her at the hotel 3 times and taking the girl alcohol.
Now, with this knowledge at your disposal, do you think the decision to do this was a wise one on his behalf?

Simple bloody question, how about a yes or no answer.

Are you his PR guy or something?

Matt72

Team Captain
Apr 17, 2008
Niddrie
AFL Club
Carlton

Hang on - it is equally speculation that he spent the whole night in her bed. There is no photographic or video or CCTV record of what time he arrived, so all of that is he said/she said.

I didn't say that he spent the whole night that seems to be an assumption you came to based on the facts everyone agrees on

Matt72

Team Captain
Apr 17, 2008
Niddrie
AFL Club
Carlton
Sorry, but what is preposterous?
Nixon admitted, publicly, visiting her at the hotel 3 times and taking the girl alcohol.
Now, with this knowledge at your disposal, do you think the decision to do this was a wise one on his behalf?

Simple bloody question, how about a yes or no answer.

Are you his PR guy or something?

Daytripper has been claiming no allegiance to St Kilda through this whole ordeal over a period of months so my guess is that he just hates women or is lying.

camo2572

Senior List
May 13, 2008
GEELONG
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
everyone is missing the point here
if proven correct the ramification's are huge.
firstly she is a minor he is 47 - now thats severly f upped who does he think he is Hugh Hefner
karnal knowledge is a prison term, but then again I dont believe the police will charge him as they didnt charge the StKilda boys for shagging a minor.

Why did he get in touch with her after all she did publicly shame his no 1 star.
he took a AVO out on her , he broke his on request.
Nixon has fallen from his perch his indescretions over the last few years has proven that he in not right in the mind.
Pickering and Lynch have cornered his once powerful market and his kingdom has come crashing down, and its now affected his home life, no sympathy at all for the fool but have lots of smpathy for his poor family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back