Rod Stroker

Hall of Famer
Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
I'd forgotten that we finished 5th in 05, only to get flogged by Port at Docklands. Rocca misses the birth of his son to arrive just before the first bounce, with Corey as the emergency. Colbert leaves his boots in the centre square at the end of his last ever game.

nicko74

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tredrea did the "phone call" pose and Chad Cornes bowed when he kicked a goal in the same game one day. Can't quite remember when it was.... I despise the both of them since then!

Rod Stroker

Hall of Famer
Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Tredrea did the "phone call" pose and Chad Cornes bowed when he kicked a goal in the same game one day. Can't quite remember when it was.... I despise the both of them since then!
I think that game was at Footy Park. Might have been the first ever time they'd beaten us, after we won the first 10 head to heads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Of course the support is muffled Dwayne, I would’ve been rough from the night before.

I recall one game they gave free cans at one of the bars until first goal, if you bought a stubby holder. Still got the stubby holder.

showusyacunningt

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2010
doghouse
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd forgotten that we finished 5th in 05, only to get flogged by Port at Docklands. Rocca misses the birth of his son to arrive just before the first bounce, with Corey as the emergency. Colbert leaves his boots in the centre square at the end of his last ever game.
I was ******* devastated. Such a flat end to a fun, hard fought season. Despite that, this and 07 remain two of my favourite North seasons ever.

Rod Stroker

Hall of Famer
Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
I was ******* devastated. Such a flat end to a fun, hard fought season. Despite that, this and 07 remain two of my favourite North seasons ever.
07?

We lost 2 finals by a combined 200 points. That would be close to the worst ever finish for a top 4 team.

Hojuman

첫 번째 남자 대 남자
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The context is important with 2007. I mean, it was also our only top 4 finish in the last 20 years so it doesn't really need it.

And yes the Tredrea/Cornes thing was in the prelim that year. They did get suitably humbled the following week if that makes anyone feel better.

It did 👍

Top Bottom