sutcliffe's hotel

Premium Platinum
Oct 30, 2005
Brisbanistan
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Of course

I rarely missed a game at Manuka.

Same here. North seemed to follow me as I moved around the east coast: Canberra, Sydney & Gold Coast. Bit of love for the Roos in the ACT, fruity territory, so it is a shame that we didn’t fulfil our promise of continuing to play there. Some great Manuka highlights.

Same here. North seemed to follow me as I moved around the east coast: Canberra, Sydney & Gold Coast. Bit of love for the Roos in the ACT, fruity territory, so it is a shame that we didn’t fulfil our promise of continuing to play there. Some great Manuka highlights.

Come home mate. :thumbsu:

Cyber_punk

Doomer
Feb 16, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wild game. 40 points down at half time to win by 4. We made a lot of comebacks in 2005.

07?

We lost 2 finals by a combined 200 points. That would be close to the worst ever finish for a top 4 team.
Lose Thompson for the year, started as underdogs in about 75% of our games and beat Hawthorn in a final. All with the GC s**t looming.
The context is important with 2007. I mean, it was also our only top 4 finish in the last 20 years so it doesn't really need it.

And yes the Tredrea/Cornes thing was in the prelim that year. They did get suitably humbled the following week if that makes anyone feel better.

Aside from the finals 2007 was a fun season. We were wooden spoon favorites following the terrible 2006 season.

At one point we won 12 of 14 games and were a clear second on the ladder. Dish's 6 goal first quarter against the dogs in Archer's 300th stands out.

discodaddy

All Australian
Jun 13, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
There are no others
Might be wrong but I associate this game with Troy Makepeace having an impact at the end...

Didn’t see the replay, but assuming I have the right game it was Makepeace than ran through the guts a kicked the winning goal. I was there behind the goals that day, and in that moment roared so loud it hurt my throat for a couple of days after.

Last edited:
Didn’t see the replay, but assuming I have the right game it was Makepeace than ran through the guts a kicked the winning goal. I was there behind the goals that day, and in that moment roared so load it hurt my throat for a couple of days after.

Feel like that's the one but I could be wrong - I also haven't watched it. I'm still in mourning for the 2020 season.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There was another game against saints in 05 I’m pretty sure, where we were 3-4 goals down with a few minutes left. I think shagga kicked a couple to get us over the line.
From memory we were in a similar position the following week and got over the line again, possibly against Sydney.
The games were early on in the season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cyber_punk

Doomer
Feb 16, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There was another game against saints in 05 I’m pretty sure, where we were 3-4 goals down with a few minutes left. I think shagga kicked a couple to get us over the line.
From memory we were in a similar position the following week and got over the line again, possibly against Sydney.
The games were early on in the season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
who remembers the come back vs collingwood at the mcg where we got our final goal because of a terrible bounce that went straight to Simo and wasnt called back

And conversely, the 40m penalty given to Shagger who hit the post from the top of the goal square against the Pies

We’re like Seinfeld, always evening out.

Back