Autopsy NM vs Saints - Rd 23, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

That's why I love my footy club.

From the day that Wayne Schimmelbusch first impregnated my inner psyche, a never say die attitude that demanded you always gave your all. And then some more.

You can't bottle that.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lots to be excited about for next season really. Even if we miss some main targets it's clear there are some very high quality players running around in our list.

Froggy Dumont has the capacity to go elite. Is a genuine gun.

I think four players played their last game for us today. If we get in the guys we have in our sights then it's just the nature of the game.

Frustrating year, far exceeded expectations but we’ve missed finals due to a few disappointing games late in the year.

Good finish today, got the job done for Waitey. Froggy absolutely fantastic.

Thanks Jazza, loved watching him for the 4 years he was here. Played some absolutely ripping footy in our colours. Great career mate.

I hate the way games are umpired.

I'm indifferent to the actual free kick counts, I just legitimately hate the over officious inconsistent nonsense that the umpires put forward.

They didn't influence the outcome but they sure as s**t influenced the spectical of the game.

Oh, and Waitey... your last kick after the siren exemplified you and I mean that with complete respect. You will be greatly missed, there will be tears shed by some knowing we won't see you again but your wry grin makes me know you knew you weren't going out with a goal after the siren, it's far harder to hit the post.

Respect.

If someone said at the beginning of the season we would get 12 wins I would of assumed they were mad.

Take 12 wins and finish ninth or be a basket case like Carltank with a top draft pick, easily the first for me. The season may not have the finals campaign we thought we were heading towards, however I still deem it successful in regards to what we are building towards.

If we land a Gaff and Polec I’ll be out of my skin!

Onwards and upwards.

I look forward to the piss weak AFL saying some sort of bullshit with regards to Daw's bump on Lonie. Duty of care...

"he's a small guy come on that's not fair!" - Saints flog.

Well done Dumont

Hats off to Waite. Pre-North was one of my most hated players. Post-North one of my favourites. I haven't had a 180 like that happen since B. Scott and Jess Sinclair.

Lots of positives - Dumont really finished the season off strong when I thought many had over taken him. Only negatives for me were EVW not getting through the year, Brown not winning the coleman, and players like Hibberd, McKay, and Mountford not getting another taste of it.

Bring on the trade and draft period. Finish off with UTAH!

Nothing against some of the players in the side today but I have EVW, Jacobs, LDU, Polec, McKay and possibly Gaff in the 22 for round 1.
Possibly more. Hartung, Mountford, Zurhaar and even Garner who knows.
Could be 6-9 changes and that’s a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing against some of the players in the side today but I have EVW, Jacobs, LDU, Polec, McKay and possibly Gaff in the 22 for round 1.
Replace Clarke with Polec.
Gaff pushes out Turner or Hrovat, won't need small pressure player roles, as we will be in possession of the ball more often.
And we are looking serious.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I see the following locks in the 22:

B: Williams Tarrant
HB: EVW Polec*
C: Gaff* Cunnington
HF: Walker
F: Simpkin Brown Ziebell
Foll: Goldy Jacobs Higgins

Locks w/o lock position:
Ahern, Anderson, Daw, Dumont, Atley

Also Thompson if he stays.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't think Waitey could've pulled off a more perfect send-off - moons us in the 4th, and finishes the match by hitting the post..and then has a laugh at himself. All complete with a shiner starting. Love you Jarrad. Place is going to be so freaking boring without you!

He did give me the lump in throat moment though when he kicked that goal through a bit earlier in the 4th, and hi-fived the fans, and everyone got around him. That was the real goodbye. Put my hand on my heart and thanked him for everything.

What about Froggy?!!! My god. BOG again! And nearly indestructable. The replay where he did his shoulder - he takes a head knock, whiplashes, goes down and lands face first, hard, does his shoulder... gets up and runs off. And then he's on the bench trying to keep his eye on the game and you can see the physio guy trying to keep him looking forward and head straight so he can work on him! Must. Keep.

Love Maj with the shaved head! Makes him all aerodynamic, and able to bring out his inner freight train. Sorry Lonie, you just really shouldn't have gotten in his way. (and enough with the entire match full of booing you sore loser Saints. Sheesh.)

And no Coleman for BBB, but there's always next year. He kind of made up for it with that great goal in the 2nd that he somehow managed to pull of while he was going down in a tackle. That was equal parts LOLS and spectacular, and probably the best part of it was that he even made Brad laugh.

All in all, a pretty good end to a pretty good season. Lots of promise going forward. Lots. And as always at this time of year, I wish it was March already! So much to look forward to. As Jarrad said in his post match interview tonight "The future's bright for the footy club, and I can't wait to watch on."

Me too, Jarrad. Go 2019 Roos!!

Last edited:

Sarah Jones could have waited until Waitey had gone through the tunnel before interviewing Jack.

perfect game for the usual posters here.

a win = "meh, we finished even higher and get a lower draft pick. we're never going to get talent, we're s**t"

a loss = "this club is going no where, sack everyone, especially brad"

really? You think Brad is doing an awesome job do ya? Nine years and a winning percentage of around 50.50. You reckon he gets off Scott free?

I wonder whether the ye olde saying "getting off Scott free" was written about Brad Scott?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back